UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » bike appeared yesterday , tested oot the day,,

Old 16-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
seanylad

bike appeared yesterday , tested oot the day,,

So the braw courier manni I found brocht the bike up yesterday, we ****ed about , drunk some coffee , then unloaded the bike, I gave him money, we shook haunds, he left ,, so ahm giving the bike the once over, as i only bought it on the strength o a pic, and was mighty Impressed, im a clean freak, an this is nae exception, apart fae yer man's choice o chain lube, it's aw place, I use wurth dry lube which a thinks the nuts, but ahll get that sorted next week wi the paraffin an tooth brush, any hoo , that's by the by,,,, first thing I noticed when a wheeled it doon the drive was hoo light it was ,,,,,as I'm stay in at ma maws the noo as ma new hoose is nae ready, and she's nae garage bike is stayin in her gairden under a rain cover 😳, but there's a bit o a 12 point turn to get it turned roundabout , it was like turnin a pushbike, so feckin light .. so nae shot yesterday as I had to go back to work,,, ffs,,,,
the day I'm meant to be going to a tattoo convention, but got word it wisnae that busy, so thought it's rude no too go for a blast, first thing I noticed is the seat height compared to the tuono, ma feet were flat on the ground, nae mair tip toes , no a bad thing , kindled it up an off a went , clutch was fairly light , rizoma rearsets fit me feet position braw, apart fae the clutch an brake pedal , need lifted to suit me, but foot position aw good,,, did think about renthals, but the bar position suits me pretty decent , just enough weight on the front end an a cafe race feel, money saved on buyin coo horn handle bars , nicking through the town, fairly nimble , and given it wee bits o gas , itchin to nail it,,, hud on sean, you'll be on the guide roads soon, up to now it's aw good, get oot the toon, and decide to open it up, ,,, very impressed it's a grunty wee ****e, I was concerned about the95 horses , but was mighty Impressed, it was on the ton in no time , nimble to hit the bends, fairly comfy for a small bike, done 70 miles before I had a stop, pins an needles , but I get that whatever I'm on , on the whole , I've gotta say I'm totally impressed with the bike, I normally change ma bikes in months, but think I'll maybe be keepin this for a guid while , at the end o the day, who needs 190 m ph, that nae one uses , unless their in the pub talkin pish to their mates,,,,, 68 quid fully comp for a real world bike wi stacks o grunt an power ,,, what's no to like,,,, aw ready the money pit has started , belly pan on route , a red and carbon clutch plate, stainless springs and cups,,,, do I really need asv levers, no!! ,,, but their feckin cool, so I'll be lookin at them ,,,,

Only downside up till now,,,, seat crushes nuts,, ,, , 😨
Old 16-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
PhilH67

Well that's the first time I've seen a Scottish accent written and the weird thing is as I was reading it it was actually sounding Scottish in my head.
Old 16-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
I used to live in Fife, I never understood them when they were speaking let alone the written word.

Welcome aboard.

Yorkie
Old 16-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Glad you're enjoying the new bike Seanylad.

Not the first time I've seen very Scottish posts on bike forums though - there's a guy on the other Ducati forum, Finm, who's the other side of Scotland (somewhere south west ish) whose posts also have a distinctly Scots tone.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
seanylad

Aye , I normally ayways text hoo I speak,,, it's a bugger gettin a new font an loading the dialect intae predicted text 😉
Old 16-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
seanylad

Where'd ye stay in fife Yorkie min, ?
Old 16-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Anstruther or Ainster as the local folk said, I lived there for about 3 years. Had some friends in Crail and all the other little fishing villages. I loved it up there.

Yorkie
Old 17-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
seanylad

Ach min, thays just doon the road,, a stayed in muchty toll a few weeks back, an moving tae kettle in Oct, currently at ma maws in ladybank till a get he keys to ma new hoose..
Old 17-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanylad View Post
Only downside up till now,,,, seat crushes nuts,, ,, , 😨
The Ducati touring seat helps in this area. It is also more comfortable in general and a few mm taller than tha standard seat. I can do fuel stop to fuel stop riding on mine and not feel uncomfortable. I rode 275 miles the other day just stopping for fuel. Didn't feel any discomfort at all. I have M1100 bar risers on my evo so the riding position is the same as the M1100, although your foot position may be slightly different due to your rearsets.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
I've tried google translate but it just crashes so I've pretty much given up. The internet doesn't lend itself to writing that takes effort to read. I leave that to Tolstoy and come here to relax but hey ho.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
garry

Glad ter happy wi it seany, back ter pissin doon here...

so in the lab fettlin....

suneye, what are these risers yer speak of ??
Old 18-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
garry,
The bar riser is the piece underneath the bars that the clamp that holds the bars in place is screwed into. On the evo the riser is 20mm taller than on the M1100. This makes the riding position more upright. I found that to be more uncomfortable because it put more weight on my backside. Also the evo riser reflects in the speedo, which can be fixed with some black tape being stuck to the back of the riser and clamp. However the lower M1100 one does not reflect in the speedo. The M1100 riser is a direct replacement for the evo one.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
The comedy scots speak isn't helped by the lack of punctuation.

It's an affectation that just makes people not bother reading what you've written.
I speak in a heavy Scots dialect too but would rather write clearly in order for most on here to be able to read it.
Old 18-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Yup, have to say I agree.
I did try to read it but it was hard going and I skipped a few bits.
The odd word would be ok for character but a whole new language is too much for me.
Just saying....no offence intended.

Glad you're enjoying the new bike though.
I very much agree that 95bhp is more than enough from a torquey motor.
Heck, I get along fine with 63.

Lang may yer lum reek........
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanylad View Post
I normally change ma bikes in months, but think I'll maybe be keepin this for a guid while... the money pit has started , belly pan on route , a red and carbon clutch plate, stainless springs and cups,,,, do I really need asv levers, no!! ,,, but their feckin cool, so I'll be lookin at them ,,,,

regardless of language it is written in, this bit is universal "Monsterish"

Glad you're enjoying the bike
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote