UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Monster 1100 EVO - 4 months and 2500 miles

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
neilo

Monster 1100 EVO - 4 months and 2500 miles

Just thought I'd post a little review of my M1100EVO seeing as I've lived with it for 4 months and 2500 miles now.

Let me start by addressing a few concerns I had when I first got it, and what I think about it now:
- Very lumpy under 4k -> it's now mainly lumpy under 3k, and even then it's not as bad as it used to be. It has definitely got better with a few more miles on it. Not to mention, I've learnt how to ride it/get the best out of it. It is a joy to ride with oogles of torque anywhere upwards of 4k rpm until you hit the limiter (which I've only ever hit one since learning to ride it properly). This engine is a gem - 4.6/5!

- Lack of fuel level indicator/range -> not an issue anymore - I know it'll comfortably do over 100miles on a tank of fuel, so the trip meter doubles up as my fuel indicator - easy!

Other thoughts about it:
Looks, sound & image -> 4.7/5!

Ride & handling -> After having got the suspension set-up by somebody who knows what they're doing (i.e. KAIS)...I'd give it a 4.7/5.

Quality of components/finish & reliability -> 4.8/5!

I'm so happy with my choice of bike... I suppose the best thing about this bike is that I come back with a huge grin every time I've been out on it - it is so much fun to ride! It's safe to say that once a Ducatisti...always a Ducatisti!

First time I've killed a rear tyre in 2500 miles...so I must be doing something right! :-)
Old 20-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
At first I thought you was selling it.So glad you like it .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
neilo

Monster 1100 EVO - Review @ 4 months and 2500 miles

No way! I just love riding it too much!

One other thing I forgot to add to my review...it is a dream to keep clean! The dirt just falls of it!
Old 21-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Just watch for paint falling off with dirt later on

Engine finish doesn't like the UK climate
Old 21-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
neilo

I have noticed that the front/bottom of the engine does get a hammering from road crud, so I try and keep the engine covered in FS365/GT85, so fingers crossed...
Old 21-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
tricolore

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Smile

Perfect timing - I bought an 800 miler today, also in black. Has your dealer made any engine mods, adjustments, ecu, recalls or 'tweaks' to the bike since you've owned it. I've read that they can be difficult to start. I can ask the dealer to check that everything has been done before they deliver it on Friday. I couldn't believe the noise from the standard pipes and how much more comfortable it felt over the 1100.......for me being 6'4"

Can't wait ........ wonder how long it will be before the current Mrs Tricolore discovers the family addition in the garage ?
tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
The long awaited fender extenders help but mine has sign of flaking but only light and a bit of pebble dashing.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricolore View Post
Perfect timing - I bought an 800 miler today, also in black. Has your dealer made any engine mods, adjustments, ecu, recalls or 'tweaks' to the bike since you've owned it. I've read that they can be difficult to start. I can ask the dealer to check that everything has been done before they deliver it on Friday. I couldn't believe the noise from the standard pipes and how much more comfortable it felt over the 1100.......for me being 6'4"

Can't wait ........ wonder how long it will be before the current Mrs Tricolore discovers the family addition in the garage ?
No modifications, recalls, adjustments or tweaks so far...it is running as smooth as any Japanese bike I've owned.

Never had any difficulty starting it, although I have noticed that it can take a second or two longer if you turn the throttle when hitting the start button.

The manual says the bike should start without having to turn the throttle, so this is what I do, and it hasn't skipped a beat! :-D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: