UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Time to start modding

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #31
walpole68

Good looking bike.They do look so good in white
Old 14-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #32
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Well today was nearly my birthday as 2 pressies to pick up and still more to come soon.
I picked up my brand spanking new Termignonis and kit all in a nice box in bags which I paid £670 for. A bargain for them and they are now fitted but not the ECU or airfilter. I attempted to see but the limited time I had , it seems its a tank off job. I will get Pro Twins or maybe the local guys in strood maybe .
I also got the carbon fibre headlamp cover on. Ab fab and its a looking better everytime I go in the garage. Now I need that tail tidy.
Im leaving the decibel killers in for now.The looks enough for me at moment.

All of a sudden having one bike is getting easier. I dont have a choice and dont feel guilty .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Well the rest of the exhaust kit is being fitted this saturday locally down the garage that someone recommended. Pro Team ducati in strood. I take it this is ok as its only exhausts.

I dont really fancy even if I know I can do it , take off the tank and fit new airfilter and ecu for someone to plug the machine in and tweak it. Who designed this bike that needs a tank removing for an airfilter change

Anyhow its good to give some business locally. They wont service bikes under 2 years old for the warranty.
Old 15-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #34
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well the rest of the exhaust kit is being fitted this saturday locally down the garage that someone recommended. Pro Team ducati in strood. I take it this is ok as its only exhausts.

I dont really fancy even if I know I can do it , take off the tank and fit new airfilter and ecu for someone to plug the machine in and tweak it. Who designed this bike that needs a tank removing for an airfilter change

Anyhow its good to give some business locally. They wont service bikes under 2 years old for the warranty.
Will run fine without them,all other exhaust run without them! the difference they make is very small but will smooth things out and stop the exhaust from closing.the setup bit is only the throttle position sensor if adjustment is required.oh and dont put the db killers in thats just rude !!
Old 15-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Yes I probs will whip them out.

I just had an email back from EVOTECH the tail tidy for monster 696/1100. I wasnt sure what you got for your buck and they kindly sent me some pics. Looks a decent job for £80.

I can then spend the saved money on.......................
Old 15-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #36
walpole68

Quote:
Yes I probs will whip them out.

I just had an email back from EVOTECH the tail tidy for monster 696/1100. I wasnt sure what you got for your buck and they kindly sent me some pics. Looks a decent job for £80.

I can then spend the saved money on.......................
ON???????????? Do tell!
Old 15-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #37
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Just more bits. Oh and its my birthday friday and me mother has given me a cheque as she never knows what to buy me.
More bits then
Old 15-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #38
walpole68

but what are these bits ! where to you buy bits ! did a google search for bits and got rude pictures !! Not sure your bolting those to your bike !
Old 21-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #39
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

two pressies today yayyyy !!!

i may not be best pleased with my predicament but 2 pressies came today. my carbon oil cooler shrouds which i must say very nice indeed. carbon and colour match very good. and also got my tank top sticker m1100s which was lacking from the dp performance upgrade. looks proper job now thats on.

so will be busy putting stuff on soon one handed when bike comes back. they are only waiting for gear lever. i think its coming from moto rapido's.
Old 21-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
walpole68

Goods news then,keeps the mind focused,actually the bike being away and coming back fixed not a bad thing,looking at a broken bike not much fun.If only collars bones were as easy to fix as bikes !
Old 21-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #41
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

did you fit the mesh or not like it ?

i see spareshack also has the rizoma rearsets. mmmm !!!
Old 21-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #42
walpole68

Quote:
did you fit the mesh or not like it ?

i see spareshack also has the rizoma rearsets. mmmm !!!
Had to work all weekend and late nights so other than look in the garage to check my bike is still there,paranoid or what ! not had the chance,first day off in 10 will be this thursday so will be fitting it then.Just debating if cheaper to order rearsets from the states or not.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #43
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Finally got a pic of the carbon shrouds from ebay . Look very nice imho.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #44
kneedown

:must say looking very nice 'wish i cold do more but have to wait
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
walpole68

are you sure thats not my bike ? Looks like my bike.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: