UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Anyone else had this problem?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
Anyone else had this problem?

I purchased my bike new from Parkinson's Colchester in May 2007 and for the most part I have been happy with the service provided by them.

I had a spill in December 2007 which resulted in some pretty major cosmetic damage which was fixed by Parkinson's. The standard of the repair was good, apart from the fly screenwhich was the wrong colour (dark grey rather than black). I pointed this out to them as soon as I noticed and they agreed toorder a new one in the correct colour.

That was eighteen months ago and I am still waiting. I have asked them numerous times when they will get it in, however it feels as if I am being constantly 'fobbed off'. Also, I ordered a new oil temprature sensor under warranty in May which I am still waiting for.

Obviously I don't want to fall out with them, but to be honest it seems like now my bike is out of warranty and they've realised that I am not buying a new bike from them that they have lost interest. I may not be the most patient person in the world, but to be honest an 18 month wait for a fly screen seems excessive!
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've had the problem with the fly screen from Ducati Aylesbury... turns it it's a very dark grey and not Black but very hard to notice... no joy with getting a new one, will probably just spray it myself, quicker and easier...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
octopaz

Seb - you are not alone with the parkies syndrome, unless you are spending a bucket of cash you are not even worth a phone call - watch out for unnecessary extras on the servicing (Glen is top bloke tho`)
Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Parkies may not always be the fastest on parts but not sure how much this is Ducati and how much this is Parkies. Parkies are a small dealership so obviously don't carry much in stock nor have that many orders going through which I guess won't help with order speed. But I have to say in general and certainly for servicing they are the best official dealer I've used and I've used a few. Malcolm who runs it is nice and friendly and always happy to confirm quotes up front by e-mail and they have always stuck to these in my experience. And Paul and Glen (mechanics) do good job on the bike and take you through everything on collection. I took my M600 to them for service a few years ago, despite living some way away in London, after trying various official dealers far and wide who ranged from at best indifferent to at worst borderline criminal rip-off merchants. Impressed enough with Parkies to end up buying S2R from them a couple of years later and they still do my servicing today, so they are doing something right...

try e-mailing so you've got a paper trail and follow up with a call to Malcolm explaining your woes and they'll hopefully finally get this sorted for you....

cheers

David
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote