UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » ULEZ Options?

Old 26-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #31
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
S4 would definitly pass NOX its the one thing the Thais are anal about they test it every year , and I can tune the S4 it below those threshholds but it runs too lean i always bump it back up
Old 28-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #32
slob

I applied to the factory on Tuesday and got an email back same day requesting copies of v5/logbooks back & front (p1 & 2) for both bikes which I scanned and sent over by return, got an email first thing Wednesday confirming they had started the process and will be in touch. Will update this with the full process when I know the outcome, if anyone wants more info in the meantime PM me.

I also contacted Riverbank MCs for an emissions test on a VanVan 125 K4 and was told the queue for testing is into next year. I filled out the online booking form
https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/
and struck it lucky with a cancellation for 11:30 this morning. Payed the ULEZ charge for today, drained the tank and filled with fresh fuel on the way there.
It was tested for 3km on the rolling road up to 60kph and it produces an average 0.06g/km NOx, it’ll be exempt from tomorrow (obviously I’ll confirm this with TFL)
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #33
slob

… and I’ve just had a call from Ducati UK to confirm my address, so they can forward the documentation to me (although apparently this usually takes a little longer)
Old 28-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #34
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Thanks for doing that, Rob. This information will no doubt be very useful for a lot of us over the next few months (maybe make it a 'sticky'?).
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2021, 04:35 PM   #35
slob

VanVan now showing as exempt on TFL ULEZ checker :-)
Old 29-10-2021, 09:09 AM   #36
Tipusss

Bike: S4Rs
Thank you @slob, that was quick!

I have contacted Ducati UK and they have asked for V5c and my passport as well as a photo of the frame. Apparently someone made a mistake when registering the bike and the VIN on V5c is missing one letter, so I've sent the V5c to DVLA for the correction along with the photo of the frame. Ducati UK said they have sent the request for Emissions Certificates to Bologna, but used the correct frame number and confirmed my address too, so I should be getting it within 4 weeks (as per Ductati UK's experience)

With Riverside MC, I have booked my test for first week of Feb, but I monitor it and quite often there are cancellations for the next morning, so if anyone wants to get tested there, do log in every day to check. In my case, however, I called them and they said a full Termi system will fail the test 100%, so I'd need to stick the stock pipe and Cat back before going there. Don't mind the work, think it would be fun, but if Bologna replies soon, hopefully there won't be a need for swapping the full system twice.

Will keep this thread posted, please PM me if you want emails/phones I used.

Cheers
Tipusss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #37
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Jeeze - got all this to look forward to when Glasgow and Edinburgh introduce LEZ's in the next couple of years. Both my S4 and 996 will be banned from the city.

When my GPZ750 turns 40 in 2024 will it be allowed as a "classic"?? Seems bonkers
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #38
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipusss View Post
...they said a full Termi system will fail the test 100%, so I'd need to stick the stock pipe and Cat back before going there. Don't mind the work, think it would be fun, but if Bologna replies soon, hopefully there won't be a need for swapping the full system twice.
I'm not sure it would fail with the Termis. Look at the results for these two pre-Euro1 Ducatis from https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/list-...ez-exemptions/

Despite neither having a cat, both the 916 and 900SS tested below the Euro3 limit.

Fingers crossed you get the paperwork from Ducati before the test!
Old 29-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #39
slob

Just received the declarations from Ducati for my '03 M1000Sie
Stating: Euro 1 with NOx emissions of 0.132g/km
I'll let you know how I get on with TFL
Old 29-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #40
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Nastro rosso, lol

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #41
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Just received the declarations from Ducati for my '03 M1000Sie
Stating: Euro 1 with NOx emissions of 0.132g/km
I'll let you know how I get on with TFL
Excellent! That was quick. That NOx level is almost identical to the 1996 900SS tested above - and that's carbed
Old 29-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #42
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I'm not sure it would fail with the Termis. Look at the results for these two pre-Euro1 Ducatis from https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/list-...ez-exemptions/

Despite neither having a cat, both the 916 and 900SS tested below the Euro3 limit.

Fingers crossed you get the paperwork from Ducati before the test!
I would assume that having Termis fitted would mean that one has likely 'tweaked' the fuelling so as to take it above the emissions limit? hence the suggestion that it wouldn't pass.

e.g. my 916 runs particularly well on 50mm termis at 4-5% CO but if it's set down to 1% it'll spit back through the intakes though I've no idea what the NOx levels are.

It doesn't matter to me if any of my bikes are compliant as I won't be riding them in the ULEZ zone although the oldest/dirtiest of them all - a 42yr old Guzzi would be exempt due to age...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #43
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I think I read somewhere that 5% CO is usually the optimum for performance but it is usually set to around half that and with no adverse effect just less power.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #44
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
VanVan now showing as exempt on TFL ULEZ checker :-)
Damn Rob, congrats! What’s your secret? I’m still waiting for the online checker to be updated for my bike after a several year long campaign… (including 2 years after TFL finally said they’d change it) I guess I must be in a TFL blacklist after they had to pay me £50 for being so incompetent…
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #45
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
Damn Rob, congrats! What’s your secret? I’m still waiting for the online checker to be updated for my bike after a several year long campaign… (including 2 years after TFL finally said they’d change it) I guess I must be in a TFL blacklist after they had to pay me £50 for being so incompetent…
I doubt TFL are at the competence level to run a 'blacklist', given the disarray of their systems, the update is automatic after paying £175 for the emissions test at the only authorised test centre in the country, who caveat the outcome with "It may take 2-4 days for TFL to process the information."