UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » ... I'm bobob.. :)

Old 30-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
bobob

... I'm bobob.. :)

Feel like I should formally introduce myself after you have been good enough to help me find a monster an all

I am from sunny (yeah right) Cambridge but am living down in London at he mo.... have been riding since I was 8 on scramblers and silly peds in the fields... have never been without a bike and turned to the dark side of ducatis whilst living in Lucca, Tuscany 4 years ago. Moved back last year with the 748 but had to sell her to live..... sucks ay.... now looking for a monster which I have allways lusted after..... have a thread on here about that too.......

Anyway..... sorry for the novel, just wanted to say 'hello' officially
Old 30-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
eonan

Hello mate, and welcome to the forum

I found the UKMOC in much the same way...I'd seen a couple of Monsters and needed opinions as to whether they were worth going for or not...never looked back since. It's a great bike, and a great forum

So you had a 748? Oooh...this is the second bike I lust after, and dearly hope by Christmas to have found the right one to keep the Monster company.

Anyway, welcome and look forward to seeing you around.
Old 30-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
benson

Hey Bobob - happy shopping for the bike!

I'm Benson - the London and Essex rep - good to meet you -

Where abouts in London are you? There's a few meets on the next few weeknds - Garden of England Show at the Kent Hopfarm and this weekend if the weather's good I'll be heading to Oakdene cafe for brekkie to meet up with the Kenties - let me know if you fancy coming along if you've got the monster by then!

Happy hunting,

Benson (Rachel)
Old 30-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #4
Chappers

Welcome Bobob and hopefully see ya at some local meets
Old 30-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hello! Or you could make it as far as the sticky out bit over here and tell us tales of Italy. We like tales of Italy. Only thing that keeps us going hoping one day we'll be back there in the sunshine rather than here in the marshes.

Oh I'm dissing Norfolk which I don't mean to, it's very beautiful here and has some fab roads but frankly, Norwich or Naples? Flordon or Florence? Um..

Ah yes and the Morris Dancing thing? Is it real or ironic? I don't mean to pose that question hypothetically.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6

Last edited by Nonnie; 30-05-2006 at 08:11 AM..
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
bobob

Thank you all for your greetings... I'm chuffed to bits to of found the site, its proved very very useful indeed, in fact, if it wasnt for you guys I would be sitting here now with an overpriced, unserviced and slightly tatty monster, so thank you

Benson, nice to meet you too, am staying in Bromley untill November when I go off to oz for three months (I know, its a hard life ay...), but will return to Bromley after so will definately be meeting you guys, before and after hopefully! Got to find the bike first.

As for the 748....... it has to be the best handling bike I have ever had the pleasure to ride... just awsome and sooo confidence inspiring, was very sad to see it go.

Coming from Cambridge I know all about the marshland that it Norfolk, its a fab place but as you say..... not quite Italy I miss Italy too now that I have returned.... maybe I'll go back one day though.... who knows what tomorrow brings (nearly burst into a song there!!).
Old 30-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
bobob

oh the morris dancing bit, well... I don't want to upset the morris dancing community as they do a very good job at entertaining us... but yeah, I was being daft

These guys were at the Reach Fair a few weeks ago, didn't know whether to laugh or cry
Old 30-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
Pugi

Welcome Bobob.
Don't give up, somewhere out there is a bike waiting for you.
Old 30-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #9
bobob

Thanks Pugi, and thanks for the input on my search thread... much appreciated
Old 30-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugi
Welcome Bobob.
Don't give up, somewhere out there is a bike waiting for you.
Ditto to that
Old 30-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
bobob

Cheers Gary Its getting close, I can feel it in my bones!!
Old 30-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Hey Bobob,

Some very good friends are Morris Dancers but you're right, completely mad, totally. I can't get over it. But they do have great interesting parties and I'm not one to turn down a decent party.

Old 30-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
bobob

See... I knew it somebodys third uncles best friends brother is a morris dancer... and I've gone and offended them! heh heh! You said it Nonnie, totally bonkers but good harmless fun and sadly you don't see much of that these days
Old 30-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Actually though, if you think about it, if they were easily offended they would nae be doing that!

Old 30-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #15
bobob

Hey nonnie how do you change the wording under your username? I appear to be the only one with registered user???

( I secretly envy them by the way )