UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » S2R Exhaust

Old 08-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
johndo

Bike: Other Ducati
S2R Exhaust

I like the look of the standard cans, but they are just to quite, thought about just fitting a De Cat pipe does this make it sound any better?
The only replacement exhaust that I think appears to look ok is one I found is called EXO7, they appear to be Italian made but never heard of them.They look neat as most others including Termi's appear just look to long.
johndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Pff!......and you didn't ask me about this before?

I put my standard cans back on after replacing the cat with a link pipe and i think it makes a bigger difference to the sound than just adding endcans to a cat.
I like the oe cans on the sr monsters, I actually prefer them to almost any aftermarket one I've ever seen- though I do like the mivv x cones too , stupidly loud I was told.
I did have a set of cored oe cans but decided this was a tad too loud (almost as loud as d.burnie's gt1000 which is the loudest road bike I've ever heard) so tried the oe cans again and thought it sounded fairly good without being offensive.
Completely road legal too as the cat isn't a requirement for my year of machine- I think it may possibly be one for later machines but someone might be able to confirm that.

Next time your down I'll let you have a root around it.

Last edited by Dave G; 08-06-2017 at 07:46 PM..
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
johndo

Bike: Other Ducati
Forgot your bike had standard cans and decat!
Sent you a pm
johndo is offline   Reply With Quote