UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Italsport :-(

Old 19-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Poppet

Italsport :-(

4 weeks and still waiting for my cambelts from Italsport.

Weekly calls to inquire where they are, excuse upon excuse but nothing really to go by and finally today i was told that it might be here next week but that's not a guarantee as the problem is in Italy and has been since 15 December due to a new computer system.....mmmmmmm! Well why couldn't they tell me that when i ordered and paid for it 4 weeks ago, it would have at least given me the option to say OK thanks but no thanks i don't want to wait.......and go somewhere else....

I am disappointed to say the least... I will think twice about using them again! :-(

Poppet
Old 19-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Pomp1

The "new computer system problem" in Italy lasted 3 days beginning of February, when Ducati updated the old system with the new bikes' spares list (MS, HM) I got caught in that, but all was solved by the monday. Tell them to stop bullsh*itting and that you want a refund and use Motorapido instead.
Old 20-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
dunlop0_1

I think it was me who recommended Italsport on your previous thread. Its annoying as i have had no problems at all with them so recommending someone is what you do.
Go figure eh?????????
Old 20-03-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
PDL

+1 on Pomps suggestion, ask for your money back and ring round until you find a dealer/supplier who has them in stock.
Old 20-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Poppet

I called Italsport this morning and have also sent an email to them as a follow up to my telephone call.... he bumbled, spluttered and stuttered and to be honest was so pathetic i ended the conversation.

Sir/Madam

My email is a follow up of the conversation i had with a representative of Italsport this morning (20-03-10) regarding the poor service i have received thus far.

I ordered my ducati 600 monster cambelts over 3 weeks ago and on 19-03-10 i was spun a yarn about Italy's computer system being down since 15 December and that my belts might or might not be in the order that will come in next week Tuesday...my belts should have been in the order over 3 weeks ago and there should have been communication with Italy regarding any poor service from their side as customer satisfaction should be number one on your list.

I contacted Italy and was told that yes there had been a problem with the computer system in February and it had lasted 3 days but all systems were now fully functioning. This morning i was told (by yourselves) that Italy is lying, so to sort this out, i will be forwarding this email on to Italy, for their information and records and will also have to forewarn other ducati owners on the monster forum of the disappointing service i received from yourselves.

As per my conversation, i would like to cancel my order and will check my bank online to see if payment had been taken, if it has, then i would ask for a refund. This now concludes this unpleasant experience.

Please note, a copy of this email has been saved on my PC should there be any problems in the future and as stated above a copy will be sent to Ducati Italy.

Regards
Belinda Cockerill

note.....thanks to all for their replies and suggestions and for Pomp1's information :-) i will try motorapido cheerz ;-)
Old 20-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
i'm going to Moto Rapido in a bit so will ask how much they are and if in stock
Old 20-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Have just phoned W.M.Snell for you - they have both types of 600 belts in stock (early & late engine) £16.46 x2 or £ 35.30 x 2 inc vat, plus postage.
Give them a call on 01420 84480 & they can ship them out to you today

Hope this helps

Charlotte

ps: send your email to Ducati UK - they will be more pro-active in sorting the mess out!
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
cosmicknome

I was a customer of long standing of there's up until last year.I am no more because of reasions i do not wish to go into at this point in time.
Anyway i have it on good authority that they have not payied thre bills with ducati uk since last august.
I do hope no money has been exchange yet and you get a better response else were.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Moto rapido £45 for two, and there could be 10% discount........

i think Snells might be cheaper!
Old 20-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
Poppet

Oh my lord you guys & gals are just wonderful, thank you so much for all your replies - big hugs to all :-)
Old 22-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Poppet

Thank you to everyone who came to my aide...called WM Snell this morning, ordered and paid for my belts...have posted a question on torque settings so if you know please let me know.

Thank you
-B-