UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » tail tidy

Old 30-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Baldnangry

tail tidy

Hi. Any tail tidy kits for an m750 please?
Old 30-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
Flip

Bike: M900
Not sure if there were ever any 'manufactured' tail tidies for the original shape Monsters.

I guess the answer lies in how much of the original rear end is on your bike and whether you want to chop or not chop (presuming it hasn't already been done by your question).

I didn't want to cut the frame on my 900 so removed the original number plate/extended mudguard leaving only the 'tea tray'. Then I made up a couple of new brackets for the number plate and to re-locate and mount the indicators to tidy it all up.

Old 30-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
I've got that mug too. It's probably the most temperamental mug I've ever owned, however other owners of that particular mug call it 'character'
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
Murray Mint

Looking great, love it. Can you tell me where you got the rearsets from?
Murray Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #5
Moco1961

Subtle

.....like it Flip, you have taken it to the next level, wheelie bin AND a vintage bin in the same shot, brilliant
Old 01-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #6
Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Looking great, love it. Can you tell me where you got the rearsets from?
Thanks, I bought the rearsets years and years ago, they're actually genuine Ducati Performance and were being sold off half price (about £150 I think).

You hardly ever see them secondhand (like a lot of the more expensive stuff for the early bikes) but there is a company called 'Ducabike' who make (or at least sell) an almost identical replica of them.

I can't find any in the UK at the moment but here is a link to some from Italy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducabike-...IAAOSwUa1ZlYEY

If you get them you'll need four cap head bolts to mount them along with a couple of shorter (I can't remember the length off the top of my head) M10 bolts and washers to mount the side stand. Depending on your exhaust set up you may need to space the rearsets out to line up some form of brackets to mount the cans. Also a hydraulic brake light switch for the rear and then you're done.

I'm not too far away from you on the Coast so if ever you head to Whiteways let me know or maybe I'll pop up to P&H if you fancy a look sometime?

Personally I like the feel of them as they make the gear change a lot more positive because they loose the indirect link on the pedal and the adjustability of them is nice as both the peg and the toe shift rotate on eccentric cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
.....like it Flip, you have taken it to the next level, wheelie bin AND a vintage bin in the same shot, brilliant
Ha ha! Who doesn't like a little retro rubbish?- You've only got to look on eBay to see what old sheds are fetching silly money these days