UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » The most loathsome TV programme?

Old 18-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
The most loathsome TV programme?

Just returned from a European trip (Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Holland) in Mrs BRD's MX5.

On our return, said wife has been watching EastEnders on catch-up (maybe being in close proximity to me for nearly a month has driven her to it).

Is there, or has there ever been a more loathsome, disgusting, unpleasant programme on TV?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
every other soap opera on the idiot box?
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
Doggy

Bike: M796
My teenage daughter watches love island.....In her room as it's banned on the TV in the lounge .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Dead enders ,
abomination street
love island ,
anything with jimmy saville,
dating shows,
jeremy kyle
bbc news
Old 19-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Don't forget 'I'm a sycophant get me out of here!'

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Perversely, the 'reality' shows are anything but real, but equally pointless & pathetic whereas EE purports to reflect real life. I just don't understand the appeal, does it make the viewers feel better because their lives are not as miserable or dysfunctional?
Old 19-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
Dilkris

I'm with all of you on this one and couldn't agree more. Our comments are of course indicative of our age.... We should continue the thread and compile a list of all things that pi** off us mature folk - I'll start:-
1. All mentioned so far.
2. Footballers spitting during a game - can't they be fined £50,000 a spit with proceeds to charity or something???
Old 19-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #8
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Do they not have it lip-synced into the local language?? It seems a little unfair that we are the only country in the EU to have to suffer this (and all the other garbage), then it may of course be a conspiracy conceived by some secret EU body to punish us for failing to adopt the Euro.
The old series of top gear dubbed into Italian makes almost more sense than it does in English, I suspect EE would be much better … take a seemingly meaning less plot and overlay a language you don't understand …. Entertainment at it's finest.
Old 19-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilkris View Post
1. All mentioned so far.
2. Footballers spitting during a game - can't they be fined £50,000 a spit with proceeds to charity or something???
2a. Footballers
3. Twats who don't know you doing the 'bro' thing... Feck off don't know you don't care
4. 14 Yr old plod opening with 'hello chap' ... No that's sir to you officer.
Old 19-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
2a. Footballers
3. Twats who don't know you doing the 'bro' thing... Feck off don't know you don't care
4. 14 Yr old plod opening with 'hello chap' ... No that's sir to you officer.
I visited a tyre fitting bay for the family car this week. The staff member who took my details was probably no more than 19 years of age.

He addressed me as 'dude' & 'mate' which I really appreciated.

On the TV theme, with the plethora of channels available, someone is missing a trick - there should be a grumpy old man channel. The output on Dave is usually half-decent.
Old 19-07-2019, 06:46 PM   #11
Dilkris

This thread is going to "roll" isn't it....?

I have a thing about being called "mate" by someone younger than my Son....and "dude" I am impressed bigredduke - are you sure you were in a tire fitting bay....?

Nickj - I reckon you have an IQ off the scales - either that or you speak Japanese in code - I have read your post 3 times and ...... but then I am a Yorkshire man - sorry......

How do you put smilies on these comments as all the above is in jest - but without them members may think I am a **** - which I probably am because I am still trying on "S4R Won't Start - Getting me Down - part 2"
Old 19-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #12
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
The thread seems to be going sideways about how we, the public, are spoken to by employees in the service industry. But in that note, I detest being called 'bud'!
I work in the building industry, the amount of times I've gone to a supplier for something and a member of staff, normally under the age of 20, says to me ' hi bud'
More than once in no uncertain terms the person in question has been told I'm not their bud/ buddy, I'm the customer!!!!!... Ggggrrrrr....
Old 20-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #13
Moco1961

Let's get back on track then bud.....err Grumpy....

Any reality TV shows
Baking shows
Cookery shows
Old 20-07-2019, 05:02 AM   #14
Mossleymonster

Bike: M1100s
The BBC and Mr 1.7 million pounds per annum Lineker. You know the guy, he sells crisps.
Old 20-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #15
Mark9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
I visited a tyre fitting bay for the family car this week. The staff member who took my details was probably no more than 19 years of age.

He addressed me as 'dude' & 'mate' which I really appreciated.

On the TV theme, with the plethora of channels available, someone is missing a trick - there should be a grumpy old man channel. The output on Dave is usually half-decent.
Americanisms are great aren’t they?, probably “awesome” in fact, the one that does my nut in is people in Starbucks asking to “get” things, “can I get a flat white?, and can I get a shot with that”, drives me wild, they don’t do it in other emporiums, pubs for example, never have I heard anyone ask if they can “get” a pint of Old Peculiar, if I were the Barista I’d tell them to “get” a ****ing life!, and to stop pretending they were in NYC, anyway as I’ve been typing this I’ve realised that it doesn’t really matter, nobody is dying as a result of it, and in fact the real issue is that I’ve become old and intolerant, so Maybe it is I that needs to go and “get” a life, that’s it, ta tah!