UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » 1100 EVO bar clamps

Old 18-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
vince53

Bike: M1100s
1100 EVO bar clamps

Another thread has brought to my memory that I would like to find some handlebar clamps from an EVO to put on my 1100s as they are as far as I know are a little higher and bolt strait in ,I am thinking of a touring trip and might be nicer on the wrists ? , if anybody has some they might sell that would be great ?? many thanks vince .
vince53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Ron1000 had a spare one on offer last year http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...d.php?p=558599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
I have a spare standard evo riser in the shed.......I went the opposite way and lowered it. Style over function.....i accept the pain
You could drop him a PM to see if it's still available.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
vince53

done, thanks Lud see what he say's thanks again * )
Old 18-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
Ron1000

Sorry Vince sold on dreaded eBay. But look up cnc racing they do evo risers in different heights. I’m confident you’d find suitable ones on there. Pricey tho.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
Luddite

Quote:
Sorry Vince sold on dreaded eBay. But look up cnc racing they do evo risers in different heights. I’m confident you’d find suitable ones on there. Pricey tho.
That's a pity.

I fitted CNC Racing risers and they're beautifully made. They come in three heights: 59mm, 48mm and 36mm.

I went for the 59mm ones, which gave 7mm extra height over the standard Evo riser. Since the Evo riser is 20mm higher than yours, the 59mm ones would give you an extra 27mm, the 48mm would give you 16mm extra and the 36mm, 4mm. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...2&postcount=76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
So the start of a new riding season equals the start of more spending!

For ages now, the standard bar clamp has bugged me; it's a pretty basic casting and really sticks out against all the other billet stuff and the carbon, as yusaf has already noted:

The only alternative risers that caught my eye were the CNC Racing ones (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...9&postcount=21) but, for at least 18 months, only the black, red and gold finishes were available and I only wanted silver/titanium. As recently as the end of February, CNC Racing told me that they only had those three colours and didn't know when, or indeed if, they would be producing more silver ones.

And then, thanks to the wonders of the internet, I found a place in France that apparently had the silver ones. I told them what CNC Racing had told me but they assured me that they could get a pair of silver ones to me in three weeks. I was sceptical but, sure enough, 26 days later, they turned up. So I doff my chapeau to www.starshop-moto.com great service and excellent communication.

Installation is straightforward, if a little fiddly. Because these are individual risers, they rotate until they are tightened. If they're not exactly lined up, the bars won't sit properly in them. The difficulty is that they tend to twist slightly as you torque them down. Another pair of hands would help in keeping them straight.

I got the 59mm risers as those are the closest to the stock height. They also come in 48mm and 36mm versions but I didn't want to go lower; I've tried the 1100S riding position (20mm lower) and that didn't work for me.

The actual result is that they are 7mm higher than stock. Not enough to stretch cables and no change to the lockstops is needed. The switchgear is slightly closer but not enough to touch the tank. I also fitted button heads to the mirror clamps, which gave a couple of extra mms clearance.

I've not had a chance to try them out yet - it'll be interesting to see if the extra 7mm is noticeable. There does seem to be less of a reflection in the instruments than with the standard clamp.

So here they are, before and after...

As with all CNC Racing stuff, the quality is excellent - really beautifully machined - and just the effect I was looking for.

One point to note - these are universal risers and come with 65mm mounting bolts, which are too short for the Evo's yoke. I had to get some 90mm bolts before I could fit them.

Of course, the question now is: should I get some replacement bars too??
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #6
Doggy

Bike: M796
I bought a CNC riser block thingy for my 796 bars and it raised them just about right for me .

Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #7
Doggy

Bike: M796

Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #8
vince53

ok thanks guys got some options there , I'll have a think , thanks for the reply's and info * )
Old 19-07-2019, 07:35 AM   #9
Ron1000

am I the only guy who wants to go lower! I'm beginning to think I'm a bit weird.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #10
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
am I the only guy who wants to go lower! I'm beginning to think I'm a bit weird.

Nope, I have 1100S risers on my Evo, 15-20mm lower, much more comfortable for my back
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #11
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
I put M1100 risers on my evo. 20mm lower and much more comfortable.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote