UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Are some bulbs more equal than others?

Old 28-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #16
Mark9

Oops, sorry I just checked they are 10w

Adjustable unit ordered, thanks for all the replies, much appreciated, it should be with me on Friday I will report back, cheers Mark

Last edited by Mark9; 29-06-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Old 06-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #17
Mark9

The adjustable flasher unit just arrived, works well, just had to swap the pos and neg over in the loom plug to suit it but other than that plug and play, thanks for the advice, cheers Mark

Surprisingly bright for 10w

Last edited by Mark9; 06-07-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 07-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #18
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Surely the simplest route is to get all the bulbs (lamps) at the correct wattage which for a 900 carbie I think is 21w. Adding other relays or messing about with wiring just generates the possibility of another failure mode.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #19
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
I've been reading this thread with interest.I changed my standard indicators a while back with a set of bike-it mini arrow ones never thought of the bulb watts ....anyway they work perfectly so i checked today & the originals were 10w & the arrow ones are 23w surely they should be very slow to flash ?? there's no indicator relay & i think they use the ecu/dash ?? i'd really like to fit led's but i'm sure that would mess things up i did wonder as there's no relay that they adapt to the bulb wattage ?? any ideas ??
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I might be wrong but i think the S2R 1000 has the same Marelli ECU as my S4 so should have a relay for indicators?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #21
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
well i've checked the stein dinse micro fiche & can't find it also googled it & seems to be intigared into the ecu but then i've also read the s4 one is in the dash !! so i'm a bit confused..nothing new there ....any s2r owners who can help ??
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #22
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just my thoughts but if i were going to the trouble of replacing indicators then i would go the LED route and be done with it. Im happy enough with the standard ones anyway so it would be a bulb swap only. There are a couple of electrical issues i would sort before that: starter leads and alternator wiring both of which are inadequate and alternator wires are prone to burn out. If they havn't already then they will and take the reg rec out too which also could do with an upgrade.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #23
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duke View Post
well i've checked the stein dinse micro fiche & can't find it also googled it & seems to be intigared into the ecu but then i've also read the s4 one is in the dash !! so i'm a bit confused..nothing new there ....any s2r owners who can help ??
I had an S2R 1000 and fitted the DP billet indicators.

There's no dedicated flasher relay and the wiring leads into the dash so it seems likely that the indicators are governed by the dash or ECU.

I've still got one of the spare mini bulbs that came with the flashers and, although it's only 4W (!), the indicators still flashed at the correct rate.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote