UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #16
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzi View Post
They are attacks on the webteam with no offer for help.

We have been over that a few times I am sure.

If some one has the experience then why not offer to help rather than demand fixes?

I don't want to **** up Albies thread.
They are not attacks they are suggestions. It is a huge difference. Help? What is suggested involves a few clicks within the ACP and takes 5 mins, we are not talking about workload. Happy to help, I'm sure spacemonkey and lots of others would too but it's a matter of access. If someone sees an area where a small change could make a big positive difference then why should they be accused of attacking and being lazy just for mentioning it?

And too late, you already did!

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #17
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I am sure the thread can be cleaned up after. Well hope so. Maybe there is a place to question it somewhere without it being taken so bluntly. For what it's worth I have mellowed over last 6 months and am now a moderator on another forum as I was asked and I am more positive about remarks and replies. It's all about asking and being patient in the hope of change.
Anyhow we are all mates ? right !
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #18
Nottsbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Hey, Albie, welcome back to full monsterdom.
That was a pleasant surprise.

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion ?
If it was my choice (and it isn't, its yours.. but if it was) I'd resist the temptation to rebuild it to "as it came out of the factory" spec. but instead build it more "as they would have, if not for market economics".
In other words, I would for example have no truck with re-plating old bolts or buying new oem spec plated ones, but instead would without question replace all with stainless, alloy or titanium as and where appropriate.
That kind of thing.
I suspect that this bike might be a keeper, so you might as well build it the way you want it yourself, rather than to factory spec ....?
Not so much how it would have been, more like how it should have been.
Arguably, that's the true spirit of monster anyway, perhaps.
Anyway, that's sticking my nose in a bit and so, to level things up, I will offer you all (or at least any that you should need) of the original bolts from my 750 which I have replaced so far ....should you be set on a foolhardy plan for originality.
They're all individually bagged and labelled, and mostly not furry at all.

You were never gone, but welcome back anyway.
My kind of thinking too - keep the looks which were 100% spot-on first time around and update the chassis / engine where technically and financially possible.

Ben
Old 04-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #19
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Looks good Albie, about the same value as the carbon seat unit of the other bike...

Good find, pleased for you mate.

A competition winner for next year maybe? You are getting good are turning older machines into shiny masterpieces

Don't forget to tailchop it though

Im looking forward to the rebuild

(and please stop ruining the thread with off topic comments)
Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #20
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
Looks good Albie, about the same value as the carbon seat unit of the other bike...

Good find, pleased for you mate.

A competition winner for next year maybe? You are getting good are turning older machines into shiny masterpieces

Don't forget to tailchop it though

Im looking forward to the rebuild

Lol yes indeed. Its ok Martin . I wont be doing it for that reason particularly but wouldn't say NO to any award except for the bike I sold to Mart64 where he was adamant I should look after it.
Specifically no chopping I am afraid , boring I know and never though I would ever be so keen to put bits back on . I did however buy another bike to customise at my leisure and pleasure ( you know that yellow and black thing lol ) and that suffices to me enough to make me poor.
Amongst getting the other bike fuelled and loaded up like a mule I generally finished the footrests cutting all the rubber off and poling them up. Just some intricate picking in some grooves to do when I get another hour.
I lost out on the 2 seat cowls on Gumtree and that's a shame. I still need one in a state of reasonable repair if anyone can help and have a pair of new carbon side panels if you want a swap or some fat bars from a streetfighter.
My tomaselli grips arrived though and very nice too.
Now no fighting when I am away.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #21
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:

Albie asked a question, I answered it. I agree, the OT should stop now and will as soon as people stop mentioning it

Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #22
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Albie asked a question, I answered it. I agree, the OT should stop now and will as soon as people stop mentioning it
Stop ****ing mentioning it then
Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #23
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:
Stop ****ing mentioning it then
I nearly did but I think I got away with it!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #24
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Pftttttttttttt. Is there a thread hoover tool need one of them too. Why is when you want spare parts so does everybody else. Never mind that bloke paid £26 for 4 secondhand indicators possibly damaged and I only needed 2. Just bought 2 brand new Ducati ones for £20 delivered so not so bad after all. Don't want spares anyhow.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 PM   #25
Darkness

Nice buy Albie. Now it's time to play spot the elefant. Cagiva hid them in some fairly obscure places.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #26
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Nice buy Albie. Now it's time to play spot the elefant. Cagiva hid them in some fairly obscure places.
I have found a few. Not got one on the fuel cap sadly. .
Old 04-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #27
DrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Now that should be a thread - "How many elefants has your early M900?"
Old 05-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #28
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Now that should be a thread - "How many elefants has your early M900?"
You can get two in the folder under the seat, but you have to take the tools out first......
Old 16-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #29
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Made the brackets for the newly acquired seat cowl tonight out of alloy sheet with a 90 bend already in it. Fitted on alright but left a gap on the seat so something needs adjusting. The hole position on the side is critical so I slotted the holes and am there. but I put a spacer under screw that mounts to the seat. Almost feels the flat part should have a crank in it.
The cowl itself is good and was the correct red too but after successfully removing white stripes it left a lacquer line which as carefully as I did wet and dry it off went down into the base coat so a complete respray is on the cards.

Got brand new indicators also in post too and managed to clean the rear light bracket mudguard nicely in all the nooks and crannies. Finally got the small nuts off the number plate light by dremelling ( other brands available ) the nuts as they had rusted on. Can clean them up now.
What bolts hold on rear indicator ie caphead allen bolt with lines or a shallow one with smaller allen key size. What nut also as in mechanical locknut.
Tomaselli hand grips bought to replace the heated grips.
Need to source a DUCATI sticker for seat cowl.
Footrests are now rid of their rubber coatings and are as stock items now.
Tomorrow some gentle work straightening the brake and clutch levers as they just don't look flat. A very careful adjustment needed and making sure I don't lose the brake switch pin.

Can anyone tell me anything about the tap on the oil feed line going from cooler to crankcase. No carb heaters on this model.
Old 16-06-2015, 10:27 PM   #30
Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Need to source a DUCATI sticker for seat cowl.
You'll be needing here then:

http://www.motostars.co.uk/products.php?cat=102&pg=3

The Cagiva font is not so easy to get hold of from dealers now as I believe Cagiva own the copyright to it which is why you hardly ever see genuine Ducati merchandise using it these days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: