UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Area Rep List » Bristol Rep

Old 30-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Goody76

Bristol Rep

Hello one and all. So introductions, once again. To those of you that do not know me, my name is Sean Good (and for those who do know me... sorry) and I have (foolishly) stepped forward as the person to hopefully reinvigorate the local Ducati owners group and the corresponding emails and events (oh what I have done...) for the Bristol Area. Hopefully this will help remind people of the regular bike meets we have, inform people of any events or rideouts that are planned, or simply help keep us all in contact with each other.

As a first step in my new capacity I would like to thank my predecessor Richard Llewellin. He has been the Bristol Rep for as long as I have known, through busy times and quiet times. He has always been a big part of our local group, as well as proving an invaluable service via his garage "Louigi Moto". But fear not, we have not lost Rich. He is still here as strong as ever, but due to work commitments he is not able to take on the full requirement of this role and so as such I kindly stepped forward. I Un-officially took over this role late last year, and my first action... to suggest and organise a Bristol Group Xmas meal. As some of you may know we Bristol Ducatisti currently have a regular meeting on the first Monday of the month at 'The Golden Heart' (Public House) in Winterbourne. In recognition of this they kindly offered to host our Xmas meal. And the event was a big success.

So, I will now be focussing on trying to keep everyone up to date on all the possible activities and events for the group, as well as anything national that people may want to take part in. I am already working very closely with Duncan and Paul in the organisation of the Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival (please feel free to check out the post in 2009 Events).

So I will look forward to speaking to you all, and enjoying some of the fine banter and humour that can be found on this forum.

And for those of you that do not know, we habe three Ducati Meetings per month over here:

First Monday of the month at the Golden Heart pub, Winterbourne Down, Bristol (BS36 1AU) from about 8:00 pm.

Third monday night of the month at the 'Castle Of Comfort', East Harptree, Mendips (BS40 6DD). From 8:00pm

And:

Third Saturday morning of the month at the Bristol Ducati dealers 'Riders' (BS4 5LR). From 10:00am

so anybody interested in popping along... please do. i look forward to seeing you at any of the meets.

Sean
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
S4Rs MacK

Hi Sean,
See u at AutoItalia..good luck with the organisation.

Dean
Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Zak

Does the third saturday of the month meet at Ducati in Bristol still happen, and if so how many members and bikes does it see?

Z.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Congratulations on the new job. You want to PM Slob and get him to list you on the region rep list now. I look forward to meeting you at some point.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Glad to hear someone doing a bit over Bristol way, good luck to you for volunteering

Old 06-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
Glad to hear someone doing a bit over Bristol way, good luck to you for volunteering
Sean's been looking after the Bristol area for the DOC for a few years now, who do you think organises the Bristol Italian Day ride in etc, to name but one event.
You'd be surprised what's being going on in and around Bristol for years!

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
Sean's been looking after the Bristol area for the DOC for a few years now, who do you think organises the Bristol Italian Day ride in etc, to name but one event.
You'd be surprised what's being going on in and around Bristol for years!
I wasnt aware of how much goes on over Bristol way, always good to hear of meets and events, keep us posted
Old 06-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
I wasnt aware of how much goes on over Bristol way, always good to hear of meets and events, keep us posted
Well this thread was started nearly 3 years ago but for info see the latest from Sean for Zaks benefit.

February already... So here is the usual reminder of February's events.

Monday 6th February - 8pm onwards - THE BRIDGE INN Mangotsfield.

Saturday 11th February - 10am onwards - RIDERS Breakfast, Bristol Ducati Dealer - RIDERS of Bristol (normally this meet used to be on the third Saturday of the month but this is my usual weekend away with the army so I found that I missed most last year - then I realised that I organise these events so I will be changing it so that I can attend).

*** The 32nd Carol Nash Classic Motorbike Show - 18th &19th February - The Bath & West Showground - Shepton Mallet ***

For any people thinking of attending I am planning on organising another meet at RIDERS for a quick Bacon Butty and a brew before riding over to the show ground together... please let me know if you're interested or intend to join the ride-out

Monday 20th February - 8pm onwards - THE ROSE & CROWN Pucklechurch.

As usual if any of you are planning anything then please feel free to drop me a line and I will pass it on to the entire group.

SAFE RIDING! (if you're doing any...)

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Zak

Thanks for info Staffy, I won't be out till the weather turns better around March/April, too much polishing done for salt to go near it!

I used to be a member years ago and remember a big ride out to Stratford upon Avon in the summer and surrounding areas, does that still happen?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
I used to be a member years ago and remember a big ride out to Stratford upon Avon in the summer and surrounding areas, does that still happen?
Yes it does, it is the Arrow Mill weekender on the weekend of the 5-7th of May this year. Thyere are still places available if you want to join in. PM Rollo22 for payment details etc or go to the thread at; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ght=arrow+mill
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
Goody76

This weekend is the 32nd Carol Nash Classic Bike Show at the Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet.

Intentions were for any Ducatisti in the Bristol area to meet at RIDERS Bristol for a Ride-in, Alas it appears that the classic bike shows falls at wrong time this year with a lot of people not having their bikes on the road, along with all the people (like myself) who for one reason or another are HAVING to attend this years show by car. So it appears our meet and ride-in from RIDERS Bristol is off.

So with this in mind, and knowing how time consuming it can be to get into the show by car, may I suggest that we all meet at the DOC stand ready for a nice early cuppa and butty. The show opens at 10am so maybe I could suggest being at the stand ready for 11am, this gives people time to get in, park up, come in and find the stand.

I look forward to seeing you all at the show! And my Bike!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: