UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Visiting the Ducati factory

Old 10-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #31
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
you could try the scrambler food factory in bologna too, although there are so many good places to eat in the city it’s almost ridiculous making suggestions. the busses are very efficient, just hop on and buy a €1.50 ticket from the machine

Last edited by slob; 10-07-2019 at 09:30 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #32
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Will def be in the factory outlet for some goodies.
I like the look of the Vita San Luca up on the hill behind the sanctuary and the arches on the road up look good.
I'm driving in a hired car so will be mobile enough though Verona is a bit off my general direction of travel but will get there sometime in the future.
Many thanks for the suggestions
Old 29-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #33
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Over a week ago now but the factory and museum tours were really well worth the trip.
UKMOC owners card (e-version on my phone) got me in free saving the 32 Euros (and they did check that the year was 2019 on the card - thanks for the heads up and the new card Rob). Also got 15% off stuff in the shop at the factory.
Some other options for merchandise in the factory outlet round the corner next to the American diner though the card only got discounts on the current 2019 products, I bought a few older design t-shirts which i liked.
Old 30-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #34
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Did the factory visit and museum today LOL The Uffezi of Ducati.
The area machining cranks looked to be finishing about 30% V4's and there did seem to be a few fairly naked what looked very much like V4's in a partitioned off section of a production line. All a bit aid back at the mo as it's the quiet season for sales.
Even Caroline, who is not really a bike kind of person found it interesting.

As noted the 666 arches is neat and is I'm told a cool stroll, we would have walked it if it had been cooler!! High 30's is much more ambling weather. 666 is a kind of odd number for what is a religous processional cover to keep the mummified nun dry on her annual outing.
Food is pretty good everywhere but TBH if you want pizza get down to Da Michele in Naples, it's all they do and only margharita or mariana so no heavy thought needed and they are truely awesome.

Oh and quite happy to pay as it does dump into the companies charitable foundation, so you get a good few hours and get an extra feel good factor.
Old 30-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #35
slob

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0inxIkIy8C/
Old 30-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #36
slob

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3...rom%20%251%24s
Old 31-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #37
Nickj