UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Justice?

Old 19-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
Justice?

So there I was reading the Capitals' freebie paper the other day when this article caught my eye. I have blacked out the names as I feel the motorcyclist has probably had enough bad press over this and in doing that I didn't really feel it fair to name the Porky Blinder who made a statement from Court either.

Clearly, if there were still public floggings he would have got that along with chemical castration to go with the (in my opinion) disproportionately high fine and the 240 hours community work they dished out in Court.

If only the money from the fine went to fill in the pot holes and cracks down the centre of many A roads in this Country.

I can only assume (going by the A24 and A27) in Sussex that is far cheaper to reduce the speed limit from National to 60mph on the dual carriageways than it is to fix the fecking roads thus actually making them safe for motorcyclists.

Plus of course, with a 60mph limit the authorities get the added bonus of dishing out a ban to anyone now caught 30mph over the limit doing 90mph.

How there are not more single vehicle motorcycle accidents on our crap roads I'll never know!!
Old 20-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
they could have gone for perverting the course of justice on the postcard sized plate alone, even though it clearly would have been visible without the glove.
i think the argument is if you get caught speeding you should hold your hands up to it.
sadly the camera/revenue vans vs actual traffic cops/condition of roads question is a symptom of current society’s wider ills.
most worrying to me is the Metro, read by millions, it’s yesterday’s Daily Mail (a paper so reliable it can no longer be cited as a single source on wikipedia) rehashed for the masses to absorb its ultra right-wing editorial policy... got to stop now before i get too political.

Last edited by slob; 20-06-2019 at 08:08 AM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
How nice of him to reinforce the very positive public image that bikers already have...

Next time you get a pull (not in a good way) PC Plod might have this exact image in his\her mind and decide that they aren't going to be quite as lenient as they would normally be.

So.... thanks for that *name redacted* you utter bell end.
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Seems the police and the courts come down quite hard on bikers. A chap got caught speeding last year (or was it the year before) and had 2 years in prison. A drunken woman killed an old lady with her van last month got the same and so did a couple who killed their 3-4 month old baby.