UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » anywhere nice to go in yorkshire ?

Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
Wayneomonsta

anywhere nice to go in yorkshire ?

anywhere nice to go in yorkshire thats bike friendly where I wont show up many of those Jap bike things
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
damien666

Bike: S4Rs
There's squires cafe at newthorpe near sherburn, the sun inn on the road from otley to pately bridge.Village of grassington is a nice run in good weather. The cafe at fridaythorpe on the way to scarborough, with the log cabin cafe just down the road in Finbar wood (just off roundabout) on the same run.
The ladybower pub in the peak district always has bikes outside........and many more.
damien666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
He11cat

It's gods country ..... It's all good
Old 11-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Liddle145

Some of my favorite runs include "Squires Milk Bar" in Sherburn in Emlet, Helmsley, The "Manor Bike Cafe" just outside Leyburn, Hawes, then a run over to "Devils bridge" in Kirkby Lonsdale (not yorkshire I know) but well worth the visit.

You cant beat a run through the north yorkshire moors then the yorkshire dales and the lakes. Its always first proper run out of the year. Cant wait for the warmer weather now :-)

Cheers Mick
Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
DrD

Its always worth running over the moors to Whitby for some Fish and Chips too!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
StuartJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddle145 View Post
Some of my favorite runs include "Squires Milk Bar" in Sherburn in Emlet, Helmsley, The "Manor Bike Cafe" just outside Leyburn, Hawes, then a run over to "Devils bridge" in Kirkby Lonsdale (not yorkshire I know) but well worth the visit.

You cant beat a run through the north yorkshire moors then the yorkshire dales and the lakes. Its always first proper run out of the year. Cant wait for the warmer weather now :-)

Cheers Mick
http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk/

Very friendly place, run by bikers and usually a few Ducatis outside too.

The roads up there are awesome, and the views! Head up to Tan Hill (via Hawes) as well, some of the roads around there are like the Alps! Twisty with just a sheer drop to the side of them

No fast roads up there and watch out for farm animals sleeping all over the warm roads!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Liddle145

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartJames View Post
http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk/

Very friendly place, run by bikers and usually a few Ducatis outside too.

The roads up there are awesome, and the views! Head up to Tan Hill (via Hawes) as well, some of the roads around there are like the Alps! Twisty with just a sheer drop to the side of them

No fast roads up there and watch out for farm animals sleeping all over the warm roads!
Yea it sure is also on the same farm is automoto racing (although I heard he is closing) Simon is a cracking mechanic with a top notch dyno room which my old GSXR 1000 K4 was set up superbly.
Cheers mick
Old 13-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
Wasta

Bike: M900
I ride in North Yorks quiet a lot, some of my favourite runs include the 'Helmsley TT' Thats the B1257, best done on a week day as on a weekend it gets busy and well policed.
A blast over the moors to Whitby is always fun, go from Thirsk via Sutton Bank and you can link into the Helmsley route. There is a bike friendly cafe in the old railway station in Whitby, always loads there on a sunny weekend.
Another nice run is down through Malton and onwards to Beverley, nice countryside and roads.
As stated the run through Hawes is fantastic and there are a couple of bike friendly cafes, although I ussually go to the Penny Garth, then on to Devils Bridge and upto Barnard Castle and Stanhope.

North Yorks can be heavily policed so a week day is always good.

Enjoy
Old 13-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
Wasta

Bike: M900
I forgot to mention Olivers Mount, the only road race in England, I believe. There are numerous races held there by the Auto66 club, but the big ones are the Steve Henshaw and Gold Cup, a lot of the top road racers turn out for these.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: