UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMONSTER of the MONTH » September 2008 Monster of The Month

Old 02-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
September 2008 Monster of The Month

From Kato....

Bought this Monster in Feb 06, to commute into the city on as I was so naff’ed off with the train & tube being almost permanently rubbish, was actually looking for a 600 but saw a 1997 M900 on eBay with 10 min’s left to run so I foolishly placed my bid and won, (Oh bugger should have looked at its location) the first time I ever saw the bike was after a 5 hour train journey to Haverford West in deepest darkest Wales to pick it up, I’ve no idea how long it took me to ride it home, I do know that I stopped at every service station I could for coffee and warmth, I was that cold speech was almost impossible luckily pointing works pretty well.

It became apparent fairly soon that this bike was going to need some fettling and lack of time and Ducati knowledge saw it despatched to Rosso Corse as I was working quite close to them at the time, they then had it for 2 months sorting it out, rear barrel & piston, fork seals, chain & sprockets, belts etc etc ££$$$$ OUCH, but it was a different bike when I got it back just lovely, Ray as usual did a stunning job

It was Ray at RC who pointed me at this forum after bending his ear constantly for advice and info on Monsters, and it’s been downhill from then on and I lay the blame for countless hours of spannering, spending, preening, and uming and arring firmly at the feet of you lot; especially eonan who’s M900 blog was a huge influence and my now very good friend’s AK & CK for not trying to discourage me THANK’S a bunch.

So from this in Feb 06

To this in its current state

So what have I done to it,

Tail chop and removed the grab rails, modified the frame bracing 888 style, R&R aluminium fuel tank, all other bodywork is carbon

Ohlin’s front & rear, 888 adjustable rear rocker, Febur lower triple, Cyclecat top triple, Racelogic dash, S&P rearsets, Gilles Clip-ons wheels are from a 999 bip, Brakes are courtesy of Brembo radial callipers with ISR radial master cylinders, JMC swing arm with eccentric adjusters (not fitted when pics where taken) plus a bunch of blingy bits from STM. The motor is now 966cc with MBP heads, V2 Cams & split 41mm FCR’s on short intakes, Alloy flywheel, Bucci Slipper clutch and Ignitech programmable ignition to run the dynacoils, Silmotor spaghetti headers and Termi’s which have been shortened.

Dyno graph

Quite disappointed in this but a bit more fettling and playing with the cam timing should see it past the 100bhp mark I was aiming for apart from that I am really not sure what else I can do to it……however I have been talking to Pierobon about a frame, please don’t tell the missus.
Kato

Last edited by Pedro; 02-09-2008 at 10:23 PM..
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Now that is a pretty bike

Ped
Old 10-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
Duc600mon

Real nice colour!!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
2 things spring to mind:

1. Please tell me you don't still use it for commuting!! Far too nice for that!

2. What the £$%^ do you tell your insurance when they say "has the bike been modified?" That must be a long conversation...

Last edited by steeevvvooo; 10-05-2009 at 11:33 AM..
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
vtaggart

[QUOTE=Pedro;273325]From Kato....

2 nice Alfa Romeo's in the background, cool.

Vince

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: