UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Manchester » July Monthly meet

Old 17-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
Moco1961

July Monthly meet

Hi Folks,

so I hear you think, why have I gone "off piste"?, actually I am back on Piste ! lots of tuition from Rob recently and with a updated forum looming its time I complied and posted regional announcements in, ....well in Regional announcements so here goes.....

We have our next monthly on July 7th, Peter has brought an event to my attention which I think would be a great day out. On the 7th of July,there is a race meeting at the stunning little circuit at Tonfanau.
It is at this event that the old stars from the past wheel their bikes out for a couple of high speed parade laps....this is in addition to the normal race programme.
Tonfanau is located about 18 miles from Dolgellau......a lovely run and some 70 miles from Oswestry, admission is a mere £6.

Proposal is we meet Peter at the Rhug estate,10:00 and he will lead from there to the circuit, let me know the interest............this is of course weather dependent, if its wet we stick to the lockgate and drink coffee.
Old 17-06-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Sounds good to me Mike, the coffee is passable at the Rhug and if we are back on bacon & sausage it's a match for the Lock Gate!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #3
Moco1961

Hi Chris, well if you are early as you usually are I am sure Karen can do the honours !
Old 17-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
ChrisC2925

I wasn't thinking about the Koco Cafe!! But now you come to mention it........
Old 06-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #5
Moco1961

Sunday 7th

, just a reminder about tomorrow plans folks.despite rain currently in the region the weather forcast is good for Sunday.

Setting of from Wirral by 9:00 , meet up with Pete at Rhug at 10:00 and away we go.

Two guests at present for pre- ride beacon rolls! See you tomorrow, promises to be a good day out.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #6
ChrisC2925

See everyone tomorrow
Old 07-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
Moco1961

Scorchio!

, morning all.......what a day, looking forward to this one, ok so four for beacon butties, one meeting us at the Tudor rose and two meeting us at Rhug estate, Pete is bringing his mate who apparently used to race RG500's, apparently he's calmed down a bit.......may be a swift ride today

For those just spotting this thread ,there is no Lockgate meet today, see you soon folks
Old 07-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #8
Moco1961

Brilliant !

Well what a fantastic day out that was, great to see such a turnout to what proved to be a brilliant day out, great company and a fantastic trip, despite the tar spray and chip sections which were avoided on the way back!

Couple of last minute changes but thankfully all good, great to see Pezz and bike of the year, Andy,annabel,Andy c , Pete,Bill, and of course the breakfast club, Chris and Mark.

Nice surprise to see Ian, (Goofle) at the event, he spotted the rossett hall sticker on Chris's bike.

Thanks to one and all, until next trip, stay safe and see you all soon,
Old 08-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #9
ChrisC2925

A good choice of venue by Pete assisted by the fine weather and a safe place to stash helmets & jackets.

Thanks to all for making it an enjoyable day out (and Karen fro breakfast), just need to check the paint work now for top dressing stone chips!

Looking forward to a run out on the 21st for anyone who can make it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: