UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » 900ie 2000/2001

Old 30-01-2024, 06:34 PM   #16
WAH

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Here's Yellow 900sie 2000 on fleabay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204545228...mis&media=COPY

It appears to have all the desirable S bits, floating rear caliper, ohlins shock, under guard etc but missing the carbon heel guards. Not sure if front pipe ia leaking oil? I guess it's the wrong colour but I actually like it. Black would be better of course but the S is getting htf these days.
Yes thanks, I spoke with them a while ago, firm price too. Noticed the fuel cap has been changed and the chain adjusters are max'd out too, and also the colour hmm, I have a yellow ST4 rescue pup so I'm not totally against!
WAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 05:58 PM   #17
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH View Post
Noticed the fuel cap has been changed
Not hard to fix. The gold paint on the original holds up only slightly better than the engine paint, LOL. I like the appearance of the grey caps from later Monsters a little better.

There's also a Chineseium cap/ignition/seat lock replacement that fits some Yamaha models on Flea Bay for ultra cheap - looks identical, I had the idea of pulling the lock barrels out so one key did everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH View Post
and the chain adjusters are max'd out too
My yellow 2000 Sie came with nearly maxed-out chain adjusters (and a terrifying amount of chain slack) because someone had replaced the chain with one that had too many links... Yeh, I counted 'em...

The DP cans will probably require a DP ECU to run well - my other 900ie came with open cans and ran like hot garbage below 2000 RPM with a stock ECU. Could barely keep itself running with any load and had to feather the clutch/rev in traffic all the time. DP ECU made it pull like a train from idle.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2024, 06:33 PM   #18
WAH

Thanks, I did ask if the gearing had been changed, "not sure" was the response!
Agree, DP ECU miles better, had PCIII on my 900SL hybrid replica with download map, not great, finally got hold of DP ECU, wow! night and day improvment, mate Kevin who took on my 01 monster has the DP ECU also, very impressed.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:33 PM   #19
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
WAH, drop me a pm with your number.
As Gazza mentioned, there's a 900ie amongst my collection which could be available as I'm looking to purchase something else.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:24 AM   #20
WAH

Hi Grumpy, apologies I missed your post, very grateful for your kind offer however I'm currently in advaned negotiation with another member, if successful I will request mods to close thread.
Thanks again for making contact.

(is there some way we can recieve email notification of new posts?)

Last edited by WAH; 04-02-2024 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: forgot to ask
Old 13-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #21
WAH

Happy to report Monster hunt successfully completed!
Big thanks to Zimbo for being such a gent and to others here who were kind enough to comment and offer suggestions.
Not going to rush into it as bike needs a little TLC and MOT, will keep you posted!
Cheers all.