UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Clutch/Brake Reservoir Covers

Old 16-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #1
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Clutch/Brake Reservoir Covers

Hi all, I'm looking for a pair of covers for my old style "coffin" clutch & brake reservoirs with a silver finish, CNC Racing's TF442T fit the bill but I have only been able to locate one of these and I need a pair. Has anyone out there got one or two? Or has anyone got suggestions for alternatives, sure it is pure vanity but my originals do look particularly grotty. All help gratefully accepted, Bitza.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-RACIN...0/153747328223

Last edited by Bitza; 17-05-2020 at 11:25 AM..
Bitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
How about these CTMoto ones? And only a tenner each with free postage! I've got one of their round rear brake fluid reservoir caps - top quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Ma...9/142778519458
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
They're are these from Corsair but a little pricey maybe?

http://corsair-industries.com/parts/...lutch%20Cover/

BTW Are both your reservoirs the same size? Otherwise you will need different size covers.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Could I suggest that you can get a good result with scruffy lids by sanding the lettering flat and showing them the polishing mop.

I have done this for a set of Brembo coffins for my Commando. shown here with home made clamp backs for the original Lucas switch gear, which normally clamp onto the lever bodies.

I also have some custom lids from a set of masters I bought. Nasher gave me the heads up to these on ebay as he had a previous interest in the lids.. Nasher you have first refusal on the lids if you're still interested.

The lids are home made by someone with some savvy and they fit very nicely, but I noticed that they have no breather hole to let air into the bellows.. Not exactly rocket science to fix! They are also in need of a proper polish, which I will do before I dispatch them to Nasher, or Bitza if Nasher doesn't want them. The sweet little screws will go with them.

Just to comment on your stainless pivot bolt project. I bought a Bright Nickel plating kit for just under £100 and it gives brilliant results much like Chrome on any old bits. I think I have restored about £300 worth of Norton parts with this kit and it's still going strong, chemical top up's are available too if anything runs low.
Old 17-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
Bitza
Bronze Member

Well thanks for your thoughts & suggestions, at the moment I'm thinking that I'll hold out a bit hoping a pair of the CNC lids turn up(ebay link to the one I've found added to my original post). Failing that Luddite's suggestion of CTMoto ones seems tempting, although Mr Gazza's polished up originals do look very neat too. The trouble is now that I've smartened up much of the rest of the bike the crap bits do tend to stand out more, and maybe I'm getting a slight taste for getting a bit flash too (not that that will last long, if I know myself at all). Bitza
Old 17-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
Nasher

Bike: M900
Gazza Hi.

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm happy to let Bitza have them.

I have the CTMoto ones Luddite suggested on both my M900 and 900SS.
Both sets came 'preloved' off Ebay, but they fit well, don't leak despite being at an angle because of my clip-ons, and look good.

Sorry the images are not the best angle, they were taken for other reasons, I think to show somebody my upside-down M/C clamps, perhaps yourself even.

Nasher

Old 17-05-2020, 10:53 PM   #7
Bitza
Bronze Member

Well I've finally found a pair of the CNC covers, mind you the cost was truly ludicrous. I had to kid myself by saying it was OK because it's my birthday (it really just happens to be), mind you every time I go for a ride I'll only have to look down to be reminded of the folly. £90 for two poxy little covers giving no kind of performance advantage at all I must have just lost the plot all together, basically I'm having problems coming to terms with my purchase, so they better look as good as I presently think they will! Bitza
Old 17-05-2020, 11:20 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Happy Birthday Bitza..

No worries Nasher. I couldn't have given them to Bitza without first finding out if you still had an interest, but I see you have the guilt laden ones too..

I believe you did post those pictures before to show me the clamps when I was sorting the masters out for the Commando. I remember commenting on that lovely old radiator grill too, Did you ever properly identify it? and did you ever do your arty project with it?