UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2012 » Booking 2012 weekender

Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #76
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Got home after a decidedly soggy ride (with detour via parents for coffee, cheesy scones, cake & 2 sorts of cookies) and finally managed to get the worst of the crud off my bike, thus revealing in even more glorious detail the knackered state of my chain and sprockets. Andy had the cunning plan to use a super soaker water pistol for bike cleaning, given the hosepipe ban.

Can I add my thanks to Duncan & Jo & Grumpy for organising the weekender, and Stafford & Liz for letting the UKMOC rabble share their special day. (I'd never realised ceilidh dancing was a full contact sport! I still can't believe nobody brained themselves on the pillars.)

I enjoyed the moto gymkhana (after initial nerves) and at least my times weren't ruined by the excessively free range chickens!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #77
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Thanks to Duncan, Jo and James for a great weekender.

Thanks to Liz and Stafford for letting us join there wedding (what a suprise)

Thanks for putting up with me !

Thanks for raining all the way home
Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #78
He11cat

Thanks to Duncan Jo and James for the weekend ..
Big thanks to james from me ... Cheers all I can think of now is the muppets song and really small people driving cars .

Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #79
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
A journey worth taking

I was at first very unsure about going this year due to the way I have been feeling... But I am definately glad I made the effort. ( Shame some others don't just for the day but hey ho ! ) A 3 hour drive in the car solo this time I arrive to be told a wedding is taking place and sadly for the first time Carolines not with me as she was unwell.
Well what else can I say but it was a hoot and for once I was just an onlooker and I enjoyed it immensely as too helping my good friend Rally when I could. I did miss not having a bike there but it was all about being there.
As always the thanks goes to Duncan Jo and James for their sterling work as always. To all the others who do work behind the scenes like Nonnie, Slob and Staford and Liz.

I hope I raised a few more quids for the club with some parts sales that were lying in my garage. It all goes to a good cause.

But just a big thanks to the guys and gals who turn up and support the club for the weekend or just the odd day.

Big congrats to Zak with the much talked about Nitro M900. Nice bike mate.

Last edited by Albie; 07-05-2012 at 09:24 PM..
Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #80
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I am really sorry I missed this weekender, but it looks like it was another good one.
On the plus side I am now a Grandma so I got to spend some time with my new grandson, Freddie x
Old 08-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #81
samieb

Another good weekend at the Weekender. Thanks to Duncan, Jo and all for the organisation etc. Really good to catch up with some old friends and meet new 1's. Let alone the surprise on the events for late Saturday afternoon with a 'secret' Arrow Mill Wedding.

Look forward to catching up with all again soon.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #82
scrapps

A massive THANK YOU to Jo,Duncan,James and everyone who helped to put on a fantastic weekender. Its a shame more people did not pop in to visit/take part but i am sure the crap weather forecast did not help.
Also thanks to Liz and Stafford for letting us all be a part of their wedding. Heather and i wish you every happiness in the future.

(zippy had a great time trying his skills at moto gymkana)

Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #83
Altaian

Thanks to all who contributed & assisted in the organisation of the Weekender. Great to see many familiar faces, and to meet a few more. Hope all had a safe journey home - sorry to read that some had eventful journeys...