UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » How’s the boredom for everyone?

Old 09-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #31
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Talking

Been on lock down in France now for nearly 1 month .... luckily I had finished a small project in the garden prior and now taking full advantage of it with the kids whilst the Misses keeps on working at the hospital ......

Stay safe everyone
Old 09-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #32
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Very cool!
Old 09-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #33
AndyB796

I'm working from home. I'm a finance manager in a local authority so we have £28m in grants to pay out to support local businesses in getting through the tough times. It's actually turned in to 11 hour days, 7 days a week, so mad busy, but worthwhile. Once that's over, we have a further £12m in business rate support to sort out too. Normally I ride to work everyday but the lockdown has prevented any of the 3 bikes leaving the garage for three weeks. Hoping to get a bit of downtime this weekend, but unfortunately it won't allow for the finer pleasures like a blast round the dales, moors or peaks

Stay safe everyone
Old 10-04-2020, 12:36 AM   #34
The Clockie

No boredom here! Lots of things to do in the garden and on the bikes, and also post-retirement work for previous customers in the home workshop.

Having initially felt that bike-riding should stop altogether as a form of penance, I now realise that going to the shops for food is a perfectly legitimate use of two wheels, and the reduction in other traffic means that there is even less chance of ending up needing hospital treatment than normal. After all, don't they say most accidents happen in the home? Obviously, one shouldn't look as though one is enjoying one's self on the bike.

Am I very wicked?

Nick
Old 10-04-2020, 05:50 AM   #35
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
Is that Titanium?
Yes, it is indeed!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #36
jerry
Old Git

Im going nuts ,, cant work , cant make any progress on bike projects due to lack of bits , and a sick paint man .. run out of jobs to do on the house and car ,, cant see my wife in Thailand ,, and shes doing my head in because of it ,,,she is scared and frightened and alone and now drinking too much which makes her horrible...

looking after my dad and disabled friend is only thing I have to do apart from read ,, watch netflix,, so far my deppression issues have neebn kept at bay ,, but that scares me more than the virus ,, as its a known danger for me .
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #37
The Clockie

Keep your chin up Jerry. At least we are here for you!

Nick
Old 10-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #38
jerry
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
Keep your chin up Jerry. At least we are here for you!

Nick
Thanks mate
Old 11-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #39
Char
We're all mad here

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Nice one LVC looks excellent fun!

Luckily UKSurfer and myself have a least a years worth of house projects to be getting on with!

Currently its shelving out a larder next to the fireplace in the kitchen that used to house a huge boiler. Next its replacing a path with new patio slabs, chickens need a new run making, then its the downstairs bathroom and we haven't even thought about the amount of work we can do on the attic or shop.

As luck would have it we have most the bits we need

Oh and I have been baking most days
Old 11-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #40
jerry
Old Git

I like baking but have run out of ingredients , flour, ground almonds are unobtanium
Old 15-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #41
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I'm not bored at all really. See it as a retirement test. Yes cant go out unless its important but nothings more important than keeping us safe.
Annoyed that I am in limbo not having yet got either Monster frame to painter or got some more aerosol enough to try to do it again so that's shelved. Everything is now bagged and stored safely.
Garage is getting cleaned and getting bikes cleaned and running maybe to sell some on once this is over.

The Cuciollo is together and now just awaits some brake parts so I can ride her. Have ordered a leather tool roll for rear of the Brooks seat.

93280425-10222610132227139-1476682586125238272-o

Today though I have got the Scrambler out into the light. 16 months not used and was due to MoT this April to ride it again. Its changed slightly again since Mike posted Geoffs old FT parts the tail chop kit as such. I also bought a brand new Classic mudguard kit for a bargain from Laguna Ducati. Not using the rear as yet but the aluminium mudguard looks nice replacing the plastic yellow one. I will be changing back the tank panels to aluminium originals too from the black anodised ones. Geoffs handlebars also fitted on my bike. Thinking about him in this time for sure.

Yamahas will get the cleaning treatment tomorrow.

Last edited by Albie; 15-04-2020 at 08:37 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #42
Christy

Bike: M900
Fitted a new front tyre to the Multi, Washed and polished it to within an inch of its life. Even the Fugly catalyst. Although that will be brown again after its next ride. A scottoiler is going on next. I know...but it is the shopping bike
Old 16-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #43
jerry
Old Git

Been doing some volunteer medicine deliveies and collections for disabled and elderly who cant get it thmeselves ,, using my 750ss and a tank bag ,,, But Sussex police have check points on some main roads and are being total twats , they dont stop cars , caravans , mobile homes , vans etc only motorcycles ,,,my doctor and nurse friend who ride motorcycles to work bike are continually hassled by the fuzz , another friend who works as a district nurse and rides a Tmax to do her job has been stopped 26 times now by cops , one cop has stopped her 9 times in Eastbourne in the same street where she has 3 visits to sick people ,, idiot or what
Old 16-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #44
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

That's crazy and biased too. They should issue you with something to identify you to the Police as working. Same for any vehicles really, if this goes on much longer, which I fear it will.

I mean why aren't they stopping caravans and mobile homes? Madness! Well at least you're getting out on the bike and out of the house too at least Jerry, while the rest of use go stir crazy!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #45
jerry
Old Git

Sussex police are Total AsHoles the force is very politically correct and uptight , look what happened when the pikeys over ran the town ,, the cops did nowt the council paid them loads of goodies and help and rate payers were told to shut up and pay the bill for all the damage ,,,,