UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Bury Hill Sussex police blitz

Old 14-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Bury Hill Sussex police blitz

Bury hill near Arundel has 5 A and B roads that feed it and over the week end sussex police has set up 11 mobile speed traps some on tripods hidden in bushes and 5 camera vans from 9am until 4:30pm also the A29 had afurther 2 vans and 3 hidden cameras from sussex border to Pulborough ,, they were also 9 traffic cars in these areas all to deter bikers ,,when some cops dropped into bury Hill cafe today they were being booed and insulted by many people even car drivers ,,they started this anti bike Blitz 3 weeks ago and much of the equipment is borrowed from Hampshire and Surrey Police as the New Chief constable wants to make Sussex an anti motorcycle county like derbyshire and Northampton,, her words according to some shame faced cops ,,

This Blitz is scheduled for all sussex biking areas for next Month when it may slacken as much of the borrowed speed vans and portable units have to be returned to surrey and Hampshire .. harrasment and roadblocks have been in use aginst bikes in Worthing area and Eastbourne .. MAG guys are co-ordinating info and possible complaints ...noise checking has been used at one road block ,,, reports from Surrey , Kent and Hampshire say not much police activity ,few traffic cars about ,,most of thir enforcment gear seems to be in sussex ????
Old 24-06-2020, 06:48 AM   #2
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
been barreling round East Sussex and Kent last few days ,, Sussex Police Blitz still ongoing around A29 and Bury Hill most of the Blitz is in East Sussex but now there is a surge in Rye and Hastings areas,, but once you pass into Kent its very quiet ,, saw a lot of kent traffic cars around Hastings in Sussex ??? spoke with an officer at a cafe on Hasting seafront and he was one of the Kent guys loaned to Sussex.
I did 187 miles yasterday it was a great ride ,
Old 24-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I seem to remember that they always did that kind of thing in the summer as a part of the 'Welcome to Sussex' program .
It was common opinion among riders that there was a heavier hand in that force area, that goes back 30+ years, looks like it hasn't really changed that much.
Old 25-06-2020, 02:23 AM   #4
Flip

Bike: M900
I was up there on Saturday 13th and also last weekend (20th) at 08:00 but obviously too early for Plod to be there and to be honest on my 100+ mile rides around the area I didn't see many more about than usual but I did notice one little trick going on up the A24......

Mobile camera units positioned about 1/4 mile in front of the fixed cameras, clearly there to catch both those road users who travel the route regularly and know about the fixed cash collectors and also to catch out those people who have 'fixed camera alerts' on their sat-navs by getting them on the approach.