UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My Return to UK M.O.C.

Old 21-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #16
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
You probably went past me in West Kilbride then.

I’ve had my S2r since new in 2005, made a few subtle mods, I also cored a set of cans and put up an article on it at the time but I’ve since passed those on and reverted to stock with the bypass pipe, those are a bit rarer these days but you can still get them I think.
Your welcome to drop in and have a look, I was going to put it back on the road this month but I’ve just bought another bike so will be sorting that one first.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #17
Flip

Bike: M900
That's a Hell of a lot of rebuilds if ever anyone wanted to put some of those bikes back on the road.

What a waste!
Old 21-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #18
BeePee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
That's a Hell of a lot of rebuilds if ever anyone wanted to put some of those bikes back on the road.

What a waste!
They were all runners and current MOTs !! But yeah I know what you mean especially the auld RDs

I've never seen an RD 400 Daytona Special and he has 3 Concours condition !
The TT500 had a £12000 bid and he said it wasn't for sale.
Old 21-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #19
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Can you remove the end baffle things from the silencers ? They have Termignoni on them but are alloy, zoom in and you'll see. I haven't had the chance to fully do anything with it yet with work and a garage crammed full now !
Congratulations on your purchase!

Having had the S2R 1000, I would say that those are the standard cans. From memory, some were supplied by Remus

and some by Termignoni.

The only DP Termis that I'm aware of are these in either racing or homologated versions:

Have a look on the reverse side of the lower silencer for a part no. If it says 573.1078.6A then you've got the standard version and the internals are not removable.

Have you seen the paperwork for the recommissioning? If the tyres haven't been mentioned specifically, check the date code on the sidewalls. It will be four digits - the last two are the year and the first two the week number.

If they turn out to be the originals, (or more than five years old), I would change them as soon as possible as they will have hardened with age and may let go without warning.

Anyway, once you've checked/changed them ... enjoy!!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 11:01 PM   #20
BeePee

Zoom in on the silencers, there's the Termi badge logo thing.
Loads of paperwork and recommissioning by Riders of Bristol last year
Old 21-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #21
Jimbo4

Yeh saw that on eBay reduced to £5995. Unregistered. Very nice. Seemed a bargain.
Old 22-06-2018, 05:11 AM   #22
FLATTOP

Bee did you buy this Bike in Essex I was talking to a guy the other week who told me he had an S2R with 14 miles on the clock and also described the collection pictured surely there can’t be two collections like this in the world, one of those Bennelis I have also seen put up on a site locally some seriously lovely bikes there.

The Z900s and the Moto Guzzi and the immaculate KH Kwaks stand out for me.

Best of luck with your Bike.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #23
BeePee

Yes that's the one. Wee guy called Ian that probably couldn't ride half the bikes ? Must be been a real bargain at £5500 then ?
Old 22-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #24
FLATTOP

That is incredible very small world about ten days ago he told me he was selling the Monster and I recommended he advertise it on UKMOC to get the captive audience.

He owns a Mobility Scooter shop 2 minutes from my house in Rochford we bought one from him for my wife’s dad and I was saying we should stick a monster engine in one, hence how we got talking about bikes.

I think I am going to pay him another visit to get a look at all those lovely bikes.

You could have popped in for a cuppa if I had known considering the epic journey you made.
Old 22-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #25
BeePee

Aye that's where we met, just across from the airport. His "garage" isn't far from there either. Nice guy to deal with too.
Old 22-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #26
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Why ?

That's what I do anyway but I will be using it, all the paperwork was sent to DVLA today for FIRST registration.

I've never seen the alloy fairing before or some of the carbon parts that are on it.
It looks quite similar (Though less vented) to the RoadRacing one on Bobertandsammy’s M900 which he is trying to sell.
Old 23-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #27
BeePee

Still no DVLA Registration.
I've had contact with them though, they need me to confirm a few things, I guess just to show that I actually have the bike and not trying to do anything illegal ?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #28
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
It looks quite similar (Though less vented) to the RoadRacing one on Bobertandsammy’s M900 which he is trying to sell.
Clearing out a paperwork drawer the other day I came across some old bike brochures and catalogues including my very first (very well-thumbed!) Monster Ducati Performance catalogue that Steve Hillary gave me way back in 2001.

Anyway, in amongst all the usual Termis and billet stuff by DPM (remember them?), were a couple of pages of 'pressed aluminium accessories' and it looks like BeePee's bike has the nose fairing.

That's the first time I've ever seen some of this aluminium stuff on a UK bike - more popular in Europe but quite scarce over here, I think.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #29
BeePee

That looks awesome, mine is the satin version, I'd have liked to have seen the front mudguard on it.
I wonder if it's still available.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #30
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
They won't be in production anymore but you might be able to pick one up s/hand or NOS from ebay. They come up every now and then, mostly in mainland europe. You could try Forza Moto.

I've not seen any on ebay for quite a while though.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: