UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My S2R 800

Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #61
rac3r

I have something like this and it's quite bright and Red!
https://m.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/l...style/10033310

For indicators I have Lightech sequential LEDs
Old 31-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #62
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Another year, another advisory for a noisy exhaust and a photo or 2.

Plans for the new year include fitting these, just need new pads

The other one is trying to stop it leaking oil from the filter. I've done loads over the years and never had a problem before but this new filter just isn't playing ball. Both are 'Ducatimondo' and having looked, it's different to the old one and has a number of 'tabs' sticking into the groove where the seal goes near the rivets. There's also a very small dent on the inner rim between 1 and 2 o'clock.

Old on the right, new on the left

The seating surface is fine on the engine so who knows if these tabs are causing the problem (the seal sits proud of them) but the old one didn't leak this one does. For the sake of a few quid I may be investing in another filter, anyone recommend one? K&N perhaps?
Old 31-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #63
Mark64
Bronze Member

Bike: S4r
+1 for k&n oil filter, I only get them because they have a hexagon on the bottom for ease of fitting and removal, it makes them much easier to tighten and they have to be pretty tight to prevent minor oil leaks.
Happy New year & happy monstering
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #64
Blah blah

What started out as me popping into the shed for 5 minutes to see how tight the front disk bolts were on the bike, quickly went from...

to this

The disc bolts all came out fairly easily with the brand new Halfords torx bit and lots of gently pressure and so one thing led to another.

Do S2r 1000 hoses fit or are there others that will, presumably if they've got a 90 degree bend at the bottom then they should. If anyone has a link that'd be great.

Also, do I need anything special to replace the bolts in the calipers. The ones in there are a bit rough and it'd be nice to swap them for new plated ones.

Last edited by Blah blah; 08-02-2021 at 10:16 PM..
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:45 PM   #65
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo...72.m2749.l2649

I'm just fitting some of these, I like the Hel lines anyway. all stainless fittings as standard.
They are twin lines with a double length banjo bolt(supplied) rather than a single line from the master to a tee. It's a cheaper way to do it.

You could also try OHAMotorsport in Down NI.. Very nice outfit, also Hel lines.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162961443503 .. look at their shop.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:13 AM   #66
stopintime

The angle on the 1000 master cylinder banjo is different from the 800. The orientation of the banjo bolt is the same, but the banjo angle is different. Strange. My guess is that the 1000 lines will work, but if that's not good enough for you -> custom lines

Caliper bolts - ProBolt have them. Easy to strip the old ones. LOTS of WD40 or similar. Leave for a day or two. Replace one at a time to avoid air in the calipers.
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #67
stopintime

BTW

the 800 15mm master will feel and work mushy with the new calipers. Either the same 'coffin' master, but up to 16mm from stock 15 - - - or new master. Which in it's turn might decide which lines you'll need....
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:26 AM   #68
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
You should be able to get away with using the 1000 lines, I would have thought.

I think these are the right bolts.

Titanium Caliper bolts:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Br...Cclp%3A2334524

I used stainless ones, but I can't find the link.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:41 PM   #69
Blah blah

Jeez, do caliper bolts come with scene tax then?

8 stainless of an unknown grade for £32 from a motorbike shop or 10 with a low head from a bolt supplier for £7 ! or the price of 1 titanium bolt !!

Plated 8.8 are even less.

I know you pays your money and take your choice but I can't see why they are 4 times the price, more investigation is required...

Last edited by Blah blah; 08-02-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-02-2021, 06:58 PM   #70
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I think anything Ti is fairly expensive due to the increased manufacturing costs especially for special sized items, but £7.00 a bolt does seem a little excessive. I would shop around. Usual standard sized Ti bolts are not so bad usually, but still pricey when compared to stainless.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #71
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I would go with the 10 low head SS from the bolt supplier, they are almost certainly A2 stainless which is nearly as strong as plated 8.8 high tensile and does not corrode as badly as the high tensile.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:25 PM   #72
pooh
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Bike: M900ie
I was always told the use of stainless on brakes was a definite NO due to its propensity to become brittle on heat cycles as found on brakes. I’ve always used titanium or standard HT if money was tight. Not sure if I’ve been wrongly informed but I like to be sure I’m going to stop when I pull the lever.

Pooh
Old 08-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #73
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I was always told the use of stainless on brakes was a definite NO due to its propensity to become brittle on heat cycles as found on brakes. I’ve always used titanium or standard HT if money was tight. Not sure if I’ve been wrongly informed but I like to be sure I’m going to stop when I pull the lever.

Pooh
I think that relates more to shear strength on caliper mounting bolts, rather than tensile strength on pinch bolts, however IT'S YOUR BRAKES! I'd happily pay 30 quid extra to be on safe side there
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #74
Blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
You could also try OHAMotorsport in Down NI.. Very nice outfit, also Hel lines.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162961443503 .. look at their shop.
Ordered custom lines from these people and they were with me a couple of days later - they even added an ebay listing so I could buy a set for the Mito ! Absolute pleasure to deal with.

Hoses are now fitted, I asked for them to be shorter than stock with 90 degree bends at the bottom, however after much faffing, I've put them on 'upside down' so the 90 degree bends are at the top and 45 degree bends at the bottom. The right way round meant that they hit the mud guard and tbh, it looks better from the master cylinder that way. They were a pain to bleed though as the hoses run horizontal from the master cylinder. Pics to follow when it isn't raining.

So that's the suspension done, brakes done, it has loads of carbon fibre bits, full termis plus dynojet and so on so it's done then ! Finally completed and it needs nothing else !

Err, no the tank continues to swell so I need to sort that properly but the only problem is that 'properly' probably means a metal tank...

Last edited by Blah blah; 19-02-2021 at 04:18 PM..
Old 19-02-2021, 05:12 PM   #75
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I'm glad OHAMotorsport looked after you. I really like dealing with them.
Not sure if you realised that with the Hel lines, you can rotate the banjos relative to the ends of the lines by gripping them firmly in two pairs of good pliers and gently but firmly twisting them round. It's very handy to be able to take the twist out of the lines and line the banjos up perfectly.

I've bought Titanium from Titan Classics; very good quality. I'm colluding with the owner to get the correct stainless or Ti R-clips made for the pad pins. Having only been able to find the correct size in BZP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo...72.m2749.l2649

I also get on well with RSR Moto who stock some nice Ti bolts, again very good quality and good to deal with.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-Titan...72.m2749.l2649

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: