UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Web Page & Forum :. » Help and Site FAQ's » Adding a picture of your bike

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 28-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #31
johnypebs

Righto then, picture on it's way shortly. It's titled johnypebs avatar install, not soapy t*t w#nk.
Old 29-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #32
johnypebs

As you can see I had a bash at installing one myself. It looks more like an oil painting than a photo, which is why I wanted a grown-up to do it for me, but after three attempts via admin I gave up. It was like waiting on a giro, so this is my first and last go at a bloody avatar.
Old 29-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #33
LeMarsu

Johny,

I don't have your picture !
Old 29-01-2004, 03:53 PM   #34
johnypebs

Well maybe the fairies took it, because I've sent you three different images to both addresses you supplied.

The transmittal of images via email, this much I HAVE sussed. CD in drive, click on image to be sent, attach message, click on send. I've done it loads of times, the image size can be anything between 800 kb to 1.5 meg (or as few as 100 kb for posting) and if it's too big for the intended recipient it gets sent back via my wife's outlook express account, because that's how the Boots software sends it. I've already sent a full size picture of the S4 today to a pal on an oil platform which he told me he got, so I know there's nothing wrong my end.
Old 29-01-2004, 09:40 PM   #35
LeMarsu

here you are I updated your avatar ... do you like this one ?

attached it the other one you mailed me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg johnypebs_1.jpg (24.9 KB, 102 views)
Old 29-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #36
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Ive had so much trouble sending pics of me onsome bikes i gave up. got a mate to put an avatar of bike on after cutting and shutting . its only a digital image for christs sake not a elephant going down phoneline. why so small pixels???
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #37
johnypebs

Tip top Sami, but how about a dummy's guide on what you did at the top of the page, to save everybody else this grief in the future.
Old 29-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #38
LeMarsu

I have a program called Photoshop not everyone may have it so I can't write detailed explanations... as it will be different for every other program.

The only extra thing I can add is that the picture needs to be 150 x 150 pixels or 23000 bytes (whichever is smaller).
Old 29-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #39
LeMarsu

Quote:
Originally posted by pat62.fsnet.co.
why so small pixels???
just helps keep the forum nice a tidy...
Old 02-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #40
Phoenix

Hmmm Le Marsu i'm being a muppet cos I can't see the upload or change icons, all i have is my pic and save changes or reset but no change ???

Gimme a clue please?
Ta.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #41
Jonny Tea

Cant see Pix? cant i see any pictures properl

Hi there all, I cant see any pictures on this site, they're all blured and pixilated, any idea? Thanx!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #42
bod

May I re sujest (pixresizer) do a GOOGLE search on it only a small program to download and works for me.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #43
A Yerbury

It ha all gone blurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Tea
Hi there all, I cant see any pictures on this site, they're all blured and pixilated, any idea? Thanx!
thats because they are all mash up due to server problems, providing your vision works fine when you look at other things. Technical thing but the gallery might work.
AY.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #44
LeMarsu

the problem might be due to a backup of the database and then moved to an other location....

I will not get into details....
but Just up load an new picture and all should be fine.

LeMarsu
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #45
Fosse Foxfight

There's a rat in the kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMarsu
the problem might be due to a backup of the database and then moved to an other location....

I will not get into details....
but Just up load an new picture and all should be fine.

LeMarsu
Nah LeMarsu...reckon Johnny Tea meant he cant see any of the avatars and neither can I apart from my own which I've changed......Czar Alexeis also works as does your own but few others

ta ra