UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Screen support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
The Clockie

Screen support

So far as I know, most Monsters have a small screen, despite being thought of as 'naked'. The screen on the S4R is pretty good and shields me without inducing much turbulence: I much prefer a clean airflow above my neck region as that's the quietest situation.

The only problem is that the S4R's screen is only attached down at the base, and the free edge vibrates quite a lot with both engine vibration and suspension movement. Using my imagination, I can just see the vibrating airflow coming at me!

So I've just made a support system for the upper part of the screen, similar to one I made for another bike where it did make a big difference, including making the screen look much more secure. I work in brass a lot, and fabricate stuff using hard-solder, so the support is made from brass tube attached to a collar at the base (longer screw needed) and a small plate that locates on the well-nut that Ducati put there.

Who knows: I might be able to test it out in a few months time!

Nick