UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Here we go again......

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
Here we go again......

With little more than an oil and filter change and an MoT needed last year after the previous two years' Winter refreshes this year we were due some quality garage time together.

I still had a new clutch waiting to be fitted and another little Euro trip on the Horizon but before embarking on the the work I thought I would get the old girl MoT'd for the year first.

However, while I was checking it over I noticed the cause of the exhaust note sounding a little harsh of late- a split in a swaged joint where the link pipes are riveted to the can so for the moment it was on with the original cans for the MoT.

Happy to report it passed without problem despite it's muted voice highlighting the rattle of the clutch to the amusement of the tester.

Back home it was time to play with some new toys and make a start on the clutch (apologies as some of this is a repeat from another thread), if it wasn't for my up coming mini tour I would probably have left it to get it over the 30,000 mile mark but it seemed daft not to change it for sake of a couple of hundred miles.

Once the pressure and clutch plates were out my new impact gun made light work of the clutch drum nut:

With the old basket out and clean up it wasn't looking too shabby in there:

Before fitting the new basket:

For anyone who hasn't already seen what I have done in the previous refreshes, details can be found here if you have nothing better to do:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...onster+refresh
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...onster+refresh

Some of the work was replacing consumables, some was required as a result of age related wear and some simply because I felt like it

Last edited by Flip; 27-06-2018 at 11:52 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote