UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My Monster replacement

Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Bodybag

Another Ducati cock up!! I think you'll find that although your V5 shows the bike to be a standard 996, because you have the TiN forks and 5 Spoke Marchesini wheels its actually an S that they forgot to register properly when sold. I had the same thing with my 748. The only thing stopping it from being an "S" model was the V5. lol

Thats a beaut looking bike by the way. Enjoy!!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #17
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
Another Ducati cock up!! I think you'll find that although your V5 shows the bike to be a standard 996, because you have the TiN forks and 5 Spoke Marchesini wheels its actually an S that they forgot to register properly when sold. I had the same thing with my 748. The only thing stopping it from being an "S" model was the V5. lol

Thats a beaut looking bike by the way. Enjoy!!
Ha ha ha hilarious, I'll just use a pen and alter the V5
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #18
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaluk View Post
Nice Bike jimmy i got one just like it, I may have seen you on oxford street a few weeks a go

Animaluk
yes prob was me mate, its my commute route (unfortunately) when I feel inclined to terrorise the people in Ipod world haa haa haa
Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 AM   #19
Panther

Beautiful bike jimmy, but
1#do you miss the monster?

2# which bike do you think turns more heads?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
littlejimmy12

Yes I miss the monster and when I have the funds I will start again with a black S4R. I bought the S2R not knowing anything about this site or the mods you can do with a monster. Next time I will start with an S4R in black and put more thought into how I want it to be rather than make it up as I go along.

The 996 is incredibly loud and you can't miss it, its such an iconic bike and Jo Public probably recognises it as a Ducati more than the monster. It def gets more attention than the monster, I think also other bikers look at monsters mistakenly as a novice or learner bike so the 996 gets more respect.

But the monster is the better town bike by a mile - obviously. I hope that this time next year I will have enough to get an S4R to sit alongside the 996 and all my dreams would have come true :-)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #21
Diego

Very nice bike fella.

Dont worry at the mo no bikes are any good for London and surroundings.