UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 1100 Evo mods - an addicts tale

Old 19-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #136
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
...has anyone fitted a CF swingarm cover ? It’s about the only part of Vince’s paintwork untouched....!!!
You mean something like this, Crawford?

Is that on your Christmas list? Hope you have a happy one.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #137
crawsue
Bronze Member

Taking “ bling” to the next level.....do they just “glue” on, Vince ? Would it entail chain removal? My pal has carbon “protectors” on the top frame rails of his Gixer, they do look trick! Merry Christmas.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #138
Luddite

In my experience, (I had something similar on my T595), they're fixed using double-sided tape. I'd recommend backing that up with silicon adhesive and clamping it against the swinging arm overnight to ensure a secure and tight fit.

That design looks like a shell, which just fits over the outer face of the swinging arm so you shouldn't need to disturb the chain.

If Santa brings you one don't forget to post up some pics!
Old 07-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #139
Luddite

Well, since it's been over a year since I last added anything to the Evo, you'd be forgiven for thinking this thread was now defunct. I certainly wasn't planning any more additions but, as every Monster owner knows, when it comes to mods, never say never...

So when, quite unexpectedly, the opportunity to acquire this little beauty came up, I just couldn't turn it down.

It's the 'other' Ducati Performance saddle (96995409B) with the carbon tail piece made by Carbonvani. While the DP saddle itself is no longer available, the tail piece on its own is actually still shown on the Carbonvani site if anyone wants one http://www.carbonvani.com/en/prodott...r_696_1100.php As you see, they also do a red version.

While I knew they existed, (I think Albie, Cobra88 and MerlinPV12 have had them), I'd never considered tracking one down myself (I've already got two saddles after all). But when a friend of mine, (thanks, Ezio! ) said he was selling his 696, (which he'd bought with the saddle), and offered to sell me the seat separately, I thought - when else am I likely to get that opportunity again? So I snapped it up.

And, although I'd never particularly wanted one, I'm very glad I did. The quality of the carbon and paintwork is superb and the carbon weave is identical to the other goodies on the bike. I bought it sight unseen so hadn't realised until I picked it up that the white of the number boards is actually pearl rather than plain, so is a perfect match for the rest of the bodywork. The white stitching goes well with the tank panels too.

The slightly different shape of the tail piece gives the back end a pleasing silhouette, I think, and makes it look a bit sleeker. (Strange, as it's actually wider than stock.)

This is the saddle fitted and shown compared with the regular tail piece. The mesh inserts don't do anything, of course, but they're quite neat and give the unit a 'complete' look.

The saddle itself appears to be the same as the DP comfort seat just with a different (alcantara?) cover and, as owning three saddles might be considered greedy, I might have a regular DP comfort seat on offer shortly if anyone's interested.

So, is this the last mod...? I wonder.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #140
Jam911

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Looks great
Jam911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:22 PM   #141
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I had that saddle on mine. Along with the carbonvani tank panels. They listed at £500 back then but I paid half that secondhand from another member along with some rizoma rearsets. It's only half a saddle though underneath. The fabric though doesnt hold up to well and Mart 64 I think got it recovered eventually.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:46 AM   #142
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
The fabric though doesnt hold up to well and Mart 64 I think got it recovered eventually.
Thanks for the info Albie. Mine's pretty much as new at the moment so I shouldn't have to worry about that for a while. But, when the time comes, maybe a good excuse for a nice diamond-stitched cover!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #143
Moco1961

That’s a real “ find Vince, complements the rest of the bike perfectly, like you say…never say never!
Old 08-05-2022, 06:03 PM   #144
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
That’s a real “ find Vince, complements the rest of the bike perfectly...
More by luck than good management, Mike! I've got numerous carbon bits and bobs fitted from at least four different manufacturers and the weave is virtually identical in all of them. Which is lucky.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #145
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

+1 for Carbonvani stuff

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:57 AM   #146
Leamreject

Looks superb, mine had one fitted from new in 2012 and other than yours now I’ve not seen any others.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #147
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leamreject View Post
Looks superb, mine had one fitted from new in 2012 and other than yours now I’ve not seen any others.
Bearing in mind the eye watering cost when new , I'm surprised that there are any out there at all!
Old 09-05-2022, 12:05 PM   #148
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
+1 for Carbonvani stuff
This is the first piece from Carbonvani that I've seen up close, Darren, and I'm definitely impressed.

I think what sets them apart from all the other carbon suppliers is the fact that they are the only one I'm aware of that offers their parts painted. I remember when I was talking to Image Design Custom about painting my carbon mudguard, they said that it was quite time-consuming to get a good paint finish on carbon as many of the parts brought in to them for painting had to be rubbed down and relacquered as the original clear coat often contained pin holes and other imperfections.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:04 PM   #149
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
This is the first piece from Carbonvani that I've seen up close, Darren, and I'm definitely impressed.

I think what sets them apart from all the other carbon suppliers is the fact that they are the only one I'm aware of that offers their parts painted. I remember when I was talking to Image Design Custom about painting my carbon mudguard, they said that it was quite time-consuming to get a good paint finish on carbon as many of the parts brought in to them for painting had to be rubbed down and relacquered as the original clear coat often contained pin holes and other imperfections.
AFAIK he makes a lot of the stuff to order so it can take a little longer to arrive.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:51 PM   #150
crawsue
Bronze Member

It looks the “dawg’s danglies “ Vince.....
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote