UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Insurance

Old 18-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
David Matthews

Bike: S2r 1000
Ducati Insurance

Just had my renewal notice through from Ducati Insurance. It seems a bit steep at over £250 with three years NCB, me being 48 as well. Has anyone had any luck with negotiating a more favourable premium with them?
David Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
I'd do some shopping around ebike etc and see what they can offer and then go back and see if they can match it.

Does seem a bit high. Just hope it's not the insurance payouts for last year's flood claims seeping into the motor insurance market.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
STIVH

just had mine same company same age (nearly!) manchester M4 code £100 less than last year well chuffed! - Less than £200.00 Fully Comp.
Old 19-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
i have been quoted £112 TPFT and rescue service for sussex with 3 year NCB , i wonder how much they will want for fully comp?
Old 19-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #5
Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Matthews View Post
Just had my renewal notice through from Ducati Insurance. It seems a bit steep at over £250 with three years NCB, me being 48 as well. Has anyone had any luck with negotiating a more favourable premium with them?
you are being taken for a ride

I pay a similar premium for 5 bikes using Carol Nash

Footman James also have a very sharp pencil when it comes to quoting premiums
Old 19-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #6
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

I'm with Ducati insurance, no years no claims (As it's my first year of bike insurance and I'm not able to take my five years car insurance over, but the points I have on my car DO carry over, where's the jutice in that?!), 6 points and it only cost £171 fully comp.
Old 19-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Just fish around for a some quotes, if you want to stay with Ducati tell them the best you've been quoted and they'll probably match it. Might even undercut it.

This no claims biz is a bit of a con isn't it Lou
Old 19-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
This no claims biz is a bit of a con isn't it Lou
I know the girl on the other end of the phone couldn't do anything about it, but I had a bit of a rant none the less!
Old 19-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Does seem a bit high. Just hope it's not the insurance payouts for last year's flood claims seeping into the motor insurance market.
I have just had my car insurance through and it had gone up over £100! The excuse was the floods that happened in the summer too. However, I negotiatied a lower price and I also had Dave put on the insurance. Both have a clean licence and no claims. I decided to shop around and got it even cheaper with us both on and the premium was less than the one I paid last year.

What I suppose I am saying, without too much waffling, is shop around. You can get cheaper.

Back to the bikes though, I am with Ducati Insurance, I have three bikes on my policy as well and it was substantially lower than your renewal and I am a bit younger than you.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Go back to them...

Mand,
Mine was £161 fully comp with 3ncb for my M1000 but that was Aug last year. Also with Ducati Insurance. I'm the same age so almost £100 more seems a steep rise?
Hope you get sorted
Regards,
Mark Nambduke
Old 20-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambduke View Post
Mand,
Mine was £161 fully comp with 3ncb for my M1000 but that was Aug last year. Also with Ducati Insurance. I'm the same age so almost £100 more seems a steep rise?
Hope you get sorted
Regards,
Mark Nambduke
Sorry, I may have not made myself clear. My bike insurance is fine and has gone down year by year.

It was the car insurance that went a bit weird that I managed to sort it out in the end.

Mand
Old 21-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Try these for insurance..

Sorry Mand, thought you were talking about the bike...

On the car front, I've used a company called A-Plan in Milton Keynes. Originally contacted them for my wife's MX5, but ended up insuring 3 cars with them. For 3 cars, a Saab 95 Aero Estate, a Mazda MX5 and a yellow!! Fiat Cinquecento Sporting(yes someone has to have one!!) all for the pricely sum of £520 in total fully comp with protected ncb. Seems we get a big discount for insuring 3 cars together and the MX5 is on a limited mileage (used in the summer only usually apart from this year). Haven't got the number at hand but a quick internet search will find them for you. Pretty accommodating for my eldest son who only gets insured by the week when he's back from university....

Regards,
Mark Nambduke
Old 21-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambduke View Post
Sorry Mand, thought you were talking about the bike...

On the car front, I've used a company called A-Plan in Milton Keynes. Originally contacted them for my wife's MX5, but ended up insuring 3 cars with them. For 3 cars, a Saab 95 Aero Estate, a Mazda MX5 and a yellow!! Fiat Cinquecento Sporting(yes someone has to have one!!) all for the pricely sum of £520 in total fully comp with protected ncb. Seems we get a big discount for insuring 3 cars together and the MX5 is on a limited mileage (used in the summer only usually apart from this year). Haven't got the number at hand but a quick internet search will find them for you. Pretty accommodating for my eldest son who only gets insured by the week when he's back from university....

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Thanks Mark, I have got myself pretty much sorted now.
Old 29-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
David Matthews

Bike: S2r 1000
Thanks for the advice. Esure gives a good indication of prices, it lists several insurance companies and their quotes. But if you contact the companies direct, their quotes tend to be a bit lower despite what Esure say.

Ebikes gave the best price and they also were most flexible. The insurer can opt for a chosen value of carbon extras and exhaust mods. I also noticed that on the Ducati Insurance quote, £25 was for personal injury, I hadn't asked for this as I have other personal insurance. Taking this sum away made Ducati competitive. I reinsured with them but may change to Ebikes next year.

Hastings Direct also came up with a reasonable quote.
David Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote