UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » M750 faster throttle?

Old 02-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #1
Billbo

M750 faster throttle?

Had a search but couldn’t get the answer; is there a replacement tube from another bike that slots straight on to get a quicker than standard throttle? Current one is too long, a couple of twists to WOT for me.
I’m sure I read somewhere the 620/800 was the answer but can’t find it now.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Single or double cable?

Asking because my bike has non-standard carbs & throttle but I swapped the old 'Motion-pro' twin push-pull cable setup (as supplied with the carbs) for a 916 single cable throttle which has a ridiculously quick action. So much so that I bought a replacement 'throttle tamer' cam for it to smoothen out the action a little although it is still quick. It also has a fast idle button which is helpful as I have no choke.

Did require custom made throttle cables though.

However mine has FCR carbs so standard setup maybe very different.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
Billbo

I think it’s standard so probably double? Although I’ve read you can junk the return one?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbo View Post
I think it’s standard so probably double? Although I’ve read you can junk the return one?
That's what I did as the FCRs have strong return springs so the closer was probably just to protect the US supplier being sued by a 'merkin' losing control and claiming it ran away with him.

But not sure if the motion pro has the same size throttle cam as standard Monster?, if so a 916 throttle reduces the pull hugely - mine is less than a quarter turn to fully open and about the same as a 916 (with quick cam fitted).

Only problem I have is when riding the Guzzi which has such a long throttle you have to go back for another 'bite' to give it the beans.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Darkness

The standard twist grip is made by Tommaselli, so take a look at their Domino range of alternatives.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
Billbo

Darkness , I was hoping for an OEM type alternative rather than the expensive aftermarket ones like the Domino as I’m a cheapskate!