UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Ducati Clutch Part Nos

Old 21-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
TonyG

Ducati Clutch Part Nos

Hi,

I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but it might help somebody in a similar position.

I had to replace the clutch centre/hub/boss, whatever you want to call it on my 2009 M1100s. My manual stated it was part no 19610012B, as did another parts pdf I downloaded. However, once installed it seemed to have slightly less clearance on the splines once the clutch plates were installed for the pressure plate to grip. It was only a mm or so, but my old hub left about 3mm and the new only 2mm. It didn't feel right so I did some more investigation, and nearly all the Ducati parts stores list it as 19610011D. No visual difference, no explanation with superseded parts no, but one supplier insisted the 11D was very slightly deeper than the 12B, which matched my findings. Finally checked on the official Ducati website manual where it is listed as 11D. I don't know if it really makes any difference, but have decided to go with the 11D part.

Hope this may be of use to someone.

Cheers

Tony