UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Bennetts!?!

Old 23-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
EkO

Bennetts!?!

I've been with Bennetts for my last 3 bikes (VFR750, GSXR600 and a DRZ400SM) and their prices seemed ok.
Rang them when I picked up my M750 and they quoted me £360, I nearly pooed myself and told them I'd look elsewhere first.

Just done a gocompare website thing and the cheapest quote I've got is £100.16...with BENNETTS!!!

How does this even work?
Old 23-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
Moco1961

Same experience with MCE insurance for the monster and both esure and LV with the car, lesson here is never accept the renewal quote, it pays to shop around.....
Old 23-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
Petej

Benetts are only a broker anyway I believe, I got quoted silly money on my Evo with Aviva, went with Benetts and you guessed it my policy is with Aviva at 15% of the aviva quote!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
Bennets has just quoted my renewal at £647.56 (inc 5 yrs NCB). I called to advise them that my marital status had changed since the last policy from 'Married' to 'Widowed'. I was not best pleased when this change resulted in a 34% increase in the renwal quote to £868.99!
I presume that potential thieves must also have got wind of this change and will now make my bike a special target, not to mention my obvious increased propensity to smash the thing into other road users with increased abandon. I have now lost the rosy glow of fondness that I might have had for Bennetts. S**ts like all the rest I fear.
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Chriswilly

Bike: M900ie
Try Swinton - been with them for years - this years premium has COME DOWN £5.00.!!!!!!
Chriswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
"Just Motorcycles" is good. It's basically Carole Nash's no frills department.

They do cars too under the title of.. erm.. "Just Cars".

Very sorry to hear of your widowed status Tim.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #7
jonyb

had a renewal quote from bennets for near £300 on my monster. rang them up to complain and they came back with a quote of under £150 with free rac cover and legal help!
Old 25-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
I think I may have been unfair to Bennetts. I had a poor experience ftom a particularly robotic customer service person, and decided that I would moan about it in this thread. I subsequently had to call them again to enquire why my payment had not gone through. This time I got an excellent representative on the line who not only reopened the original status change enquiry and got to the bottom of why it had been so radically changed but got her colleague to chase it with the underwriter and agree to honour the original renewal offer. Great result and all is forgiven. The moral of the story is that these online businesses depend on the customer service experience and can easily get a bad reputation if they fail to engage with the customers requirements intelligently. (Thanks to Mr Gazza for his kind comment earlier)
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 06:14 PM   #9
gemantsdad

Bike: S4Rs
I received a letter from my insurer, Saga, to let me know that they no longer provide motorcycle insurance and was referred to Bennetts, received a letter from Bennetts with a quote about £8 pounds more than last year, on the bottom of the letter, " Bennetts a Saga company"
gemantsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: