UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Quick can question - Monster 1200

Old 16-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #16
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza77 View Post
Take it you haven't remapped yourself then? Any plod related issues baffle out?
Ah! If you mean why have I not remapped, the bike runs fine without, although a remap would remove the exhaust servo as in lock it in the open position, which improves the engine performance.
Old 16-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #17
gazza77

It's the bike not running properly, particularly running lean which is my concern.

That and getting pulled if running no baffles, which has happened to me before, although probably 10 years ago now, when I last had a twin and aftermarket can.
Old 16-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
It should run ok. but would probably benefit from a remap, as you say it might be lean and I'm not sure if you can trim the air/fuel mix across the range, like you can on the earlier bikes by just turning a screw.

As far as volume goes, it tends to be more tolerated if its not high pitched and painful but it depends on the local PC situation. I've been riding mine without issues for several years and I very much doubt it would be louder than mine, which with a full termi corsa style system with relatively small manifolds (compared to yours) and big link/expansion pipes/carbon cans sounds just like a full on 888SP4 Corsa. I mean I've owned plenty of Ducatis over the years and heard plenty more race SBK Ducatis, but OMG I swear mine makes as much if not more noise that a full on race SBK. Its obscene really, but in a good way!, gets you noticed. These days they make the manifolds that much bigger in an attempt to reduce the noise

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #19
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

BTW my neighbour hates me! Rattles her windows she reckons, but its not just the windows, the whole ground shakes

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #20
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

The ecu on the 1200R is well encrypted and to my knowledge no one in the uk has properly cracked it so remapping is not straight forward.

That said I have an Arrow can and it runs just fine, no hiccups or glitches that I can feel. I run it with the db killer in as it's too loud without it
Old 30-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #21
davkyt

Has anyone tried the Shift-Tech exhaust? Any UK suppliers?
Old 30-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #22
SteveG

I asked Moto Rapido if remapping was needed for the SC Projects and was told no- the ECU and sensors would adjust fine automatically on the 1200R without interference. Was a bit surprised but like Pedro says.. runs sweet as.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #23
gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
I asked Moto Rapido if remapping was needed for the SC Projects and was told no- the ECU and sensors would adjust fine automatically on the 1200R without interference. Was a bit surprised but like Pedro says.. runs sweet as.
I was advised the same by Cornerspeed when I queried about a remap for my 1200.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #24
Facom

If your bike is fitted with an aftermarket exhaust and it is then remapped you can not then fit the standard exhaust without it being remapped to original mapping ! It will damage the cat converter .
Old 14-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #25
slinemfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facom View Post
If your bike is fitted with an aftermarket exhaust and it is then remapped you can not then fit the standard exhaust without it being remapped to original mapping ! It will damage the cat converter .
I have the full termi system on my 1200S Stripe and was wondering if it was worth removing it if and when I sell/trade the Stripe in. Will it be straightforward to reflash it back to standard?
Also, is it worth removing to sell separately to the bike?
Old 14-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #26
davkyt

Shift-tech quoted me £41/$55 shipping in the states... I think the can works out at just under £400 plus shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepiece View Post
Has anyone seen or heard the shift-tech carbon? Pics Looks awesome but may only be available from the US