UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Halved my Insurance costs!!!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 09:58 PM   #16
pete

Always worth trying someone like Bennetts.....

Not been on bikes for a good few years so no ncb. 620ie,
fully comp, £250. (I'm no spring chicken I might add, and the
bike is garaged). This was last April.

What was very interesting is that a few brokers best prices
were with the same underwriting insurer, but were wildly
different. Didn't make much sense to me....

Pete
Old 02-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #17
Dark-Jon

Um, Bennetts were the ones who quoted me £975! Maybe they just dont like insuring younger london based riders wihtout garages

Seems to be more luck of the draw with insurance over any plausibal (spelling?) logic

Dark-Jon
Old 03-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #18
pete

Yes, well I got the impression it was a certain profile of
rider they were interested in. They even wanted to know how
many kids I had !!

Not sure how the number of kids you have effect the chance of
some myopic car driver trashing you, or some scumbag
nicking your pride and joy.

Pete
Old 18-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #19
DesmoDom

Got my 2 S4 Cromo's insured today by Insuremyducati.
Excellent cover, including, personal gear, roadside assistance/recovery, legal cover, overseas travel cover and protected no claims.
Fully Comp, £659.00, with a £500.00 excess, which is loads better than the other quotes I've had.

Very Happy

See ya
Baz
Old 18-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #20
Melnie Mouse

funny that, isn't it, good for different people, I've always found Bennets very good for me, (shed no garage, but with ground anchor)... under 300 quid fully comp...

But my car insurance, Direct Line, wont insure me for other bikes only cars, so i would love to find new car insurance reasonable that does bikes, and you guys have just proved to me IT DOES EXIST even though they said it doesn't... WOT BULL HUH?

keep ringing then I guess...
Old 18-03-2004, 06:17 PM   #21
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Ms Mouse, if Direct Line like you, then Norwich Union will too. Ok, the call centre is in India and they don't know their glutimus maximus from their cubitus, but once every thing is sorted they are ok. CIA also do both from what little I remember.
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #22
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
It's odd how companies change-

I was with CIS as they had been cheapest when I first got the bike having passed my test, cheapest next year having made a claim (or two) in the previous year, and once again after that with one year NCB. I was paying over £600 at this point, I'd just renewed for the 4th time for a similar price when i bought my Yamahahaha 250 and they told me they didn't do joint policies but would cover that one for £350 on top of what I was paying for the duke and that included a DISCOUNT because I already had a policy with them. Up to this point they had always been cheapest but the last renewal I didn't ring around - yes I know, bend me over a chair and slap me!
I rung Carole Nash and they covered the duke on streetfighter policy with all mods including non lega cans etc, and the new yam for a combined total of £450

Happy bunny that day I was. I know sometimes adding a less powerful older bike reduces the policy as you can't ride both at once, but I plan on selling it soon so we'll se if my policy jumps up again???
Old 18-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #23
Duncan

There is a classic policy run by Carole Nash that you can add modern bikes to and it keeps your insurance costs down as they assume classic owners to be responsible bunch with lower claims etc.

3 bikes, 1972 500 Triumph, 1980 550 Suzuki and a '99 900 Monster one large claim in 2002, none in previous 20 years, bikes garaged, £100 excess, aged 41, Bristol postcode. All for £280 fully comp.

You dont even have to ride the classic, just insure it and your total insurance drops. On its own my Monny was £385!?