UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » S4/S4 Challenge » S4R Fuel Consumption

Old 29-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #16
remo6966

My first tank returned 114 miles before the light, but then again i fill to the top dispite ducati's instruction to fill to rubber collar in the tank. The 15 litres they claim the tank holds is 2 litres short if you stop at the collar. My 114 miles were spent doing 70 miles at 80+ up the M1 :twisted: and the rest around Nottingham

I thought that was ok when i used to get 135 from a 17 litre suzuki sv650
Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
jackettc

Unhappy Updated the ECU to get better consumption?

Firstly thanks for everyone to replying to my post. At least I know my bike has a problem! I've not replied for ages as I went on a mini world trip. I would love to have had my bike in OZ and New Zealand. What awesome roads! Shame about the cops.... Costs a fortune to hire ANY bike out there as well!

Anyway I've just got my S4r back after one of the camshaft pulleys fell off and starting banging against the cam cover, and it's still doing about 62 miles on a full tank (filled to the brim!). That's just commuting mileage!
The dealer (Pegasus) mentioned that they had done something to the ECU to fix it. I don't think so.

It's still under warranty, so I wonder if it's something they should fix for free? Anyone got this sort of 'fix' done under warranty?

Also just after I got it (with about 1,200 miles), it started to misfire and they changed the plugs as they had blackened. A good indication that it's overfuelling I reckon!