UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Monster M900 1999 - UKMOC Gen 2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
Froggy46

At the rear end, the 20 year old shock was long gone its best, with probably as much damping as a pogo stick!
Not being able to afford (or justify) some Swedish gold, I looked around for recommendations, it came though the French Mostro Forum (http://ducati-mostro-forum.fr/index.php) where a bunch of very helpful guys (just like here!) all recommended the Shock Factory products.
This company manufactures shocks for many of the small French racing teams (superbike, super stock, endurance). Their shocks are individually spec’ed to your weight and riding style and are very sensibly priced!
SF has been set 20 years ago by a Brit living in France and I am a French living in the UK for the past 20 years!
I did get the optional yellow spring rather than standard red, as it looked more like the original one. I am really pleased with the shock and the way the bike now feels!

Cleaning up:

New Shock Factory ...Shock in place:

With the back end fully refreshed, the raiser were just too much and the bike was sitting precariously on its side stand so it was time to take them away!

Bike was sitting at least 1.5” too high...

So with the raisers out and the new shock, there was sufficient range to raise the rear to where it was on the old Shock + raiser set up... without side stand issues! (Picture above was taken when the ride height was still to be sorted)

Last edited by Froggy46; 27-12-2017 at 11:19 AM..