UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 30-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
Darkness

Bike: M900
Hi Albie: you're making steady progress, so keep up the good work.

I'm especially interested in the powder coat on the frame as I haven't decided whether to do mine yet (I may keep the "patina")?

I haven't seen an elefant on the underside of a footpeg before, but it's not an easy spot on the bike.

Was that one of the rubber coated ones?
Old 30-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Hi Albie: you're making steady progress, so keep up the good work.

I'm especially interested in the powder coat on the frame as I haven't decided whether to do mine yet (I may keep the "patina")?

I haven't seen an elefant on the underside of a footpeg before, but it's not an easy spot on the bike.

Was that one of the rubber coated ones?
Yes I since found out they are and we're original fitment and could have left them be. Yesterday I sat a picked the remaining rubber off as shot blasting and burning wouldn't. Took about another hour. Had my frame gold I may have lived with it. Mines nice now and all will look nice but without much patina. Leave yours be if you can and wait to see how mine is viewed. It's bound to cause comment but you know me I would instantly get it altered now I know how easy they come apart. Had someone not dithered giving me a ballpark figure for paint it would have been painted.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Flip

All looking good Albie- I'd be interested in the frame colour match too as been told by several people they can't get the kind of matt finish correct despite knowing the paint code- even the 20th Anniversary bikes weren't the same.

Also, do you know when the tanks changed to without the weld around the clip?

Only ask as my '97 900 has the weld- no elephant on the fuel cap though!!

You need to pull that headlight apart though and clean the glass from the inside as they seem to suffer from clouding but it makes a world of difference to light output when clean.