UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Im looking for a Mech to fix my Monster!!

Old 14-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
jonno464

Unhappy Im looking for a Mech to fix my Monster!!

Hi All

I Have a 2002 m600 that just wont start or even try start, I really think it is a electrical problem but Im not that good with electrics so if there is anyone out there that could help or know someone that works on ducati's in Manchester please can you let me know as I really need to get her back on the road!

Thanks All

Jonathan.
Old 14-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
No lights on dash?
Try looking for starter solenoid threads here which is a good place to start- or if really bemused, all I can suggest at the moment is Ducati Manchester, tho others more local to you might be able to offer more in the way of assistance or local workshops

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
STIVH

You have mail............
Old 15-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
Chappers

Any problems give Kev a call at Ducati Manchester to see if he's got solanoids, rectifiers, battteries etc in stock - 01925 753958
Old 29-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Loosehead

be careful of taking the bike to Joe spanner monkey, I found my bike wouldn't start because of a faulty side stand switch, took me a few hours to trace but it paid off, if I left it with the mech it would of been still there. it's also a good learning curve for finding out what does what too.
Old 29-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Bodybag

I'm gonna state the obvious here...

Have you checked that you haven't accidentally knocked the kill switch?!
Old 30-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
gremlin

there is a solonoid fitted under the battery box, it has 2 big fat wires going to it (one directly from the battery ) and a pair of normal size wires that are push fitted, these can work loose or become corroded. when you put in the key, all lights will show, but absolutely nothing when you press the Go button. if this sounds about right,
lift tank, and try to squeeze your hand under the battery box , you should be able to feel the solonoid, try pushing the wires with your other thumb on the starter button, if they are loose, the bike should start , be careful as it can make you jump if it happens
Mr G