UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Rear suspension unit

Old 23-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Omar

Bike: M1100evo
Rear suspension unit

I am looking for a good quality rear suspension unit for my 1100 Evo. So a Maxton, Wilbers, Ohlins, or some such?
Cheers
Omar
Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
Flip

Bike: M900
Worth taking a look at Nitron too. I have had a Nitron rear shock on my 1997 M900 for about fifteen years and it is brilliant.

Easily comparable quality wise with the other makes you list- I have had Maxton work their magic on the original Marzocchi forks and they have also reworked my classic race bikes' forks and I run their twin shocks on the rear of that too but I would say for ease of use on a road bike (Maxton have a slightly odd adjustment method on their mono-shocks) Nitron would be hard to beat assuming they can offer what you require at the price you wish to pay.

This was it back from a service about five years ago where they fitted a new spring (you can choose black if you prefer):

www.nitron.co.uk
Old 23-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
Luddite

As well as the standard Sachs, I've tried the Sachs with an Öhlins spring, an Öhlins DU737 (rebound adjustment) and my current Öhlins DU432 (compression and rebound adjustment).

Almost any change you make will be an improvement so your choice is basically governed by your budget and how brand conscious you are.

Chris.p has a Wilbers rear shock and really rates it. He may be on later to give more information.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
Omar

Suspension

Thanks for the replies. I am not brand conscious, I just want a quality shock that provides comfort and control. The Nitron unit does look well made.

Last edited by Omar; 23-11-2020 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Addition
Old 23-11-2020, 06:03 PM   #5
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Have look at M Factory shocks made by Mike Capon £350 new made to order I have 2 on 2 off my bikes and also ohlins on the other 2 bikes ,, Ohlins more than twice the price new but not twice the quality or performance ,, M Factory shocks are superb ,,,
Old 23-11-2020, 06:07 PM   #6
Omar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Have look at M Factory shocks made by Mike Capon £350 new made to order I have 2 on 2 off my bikes and also ohlins on the other 2 bikes ,, Ohlins more than twice the price new but not twice the quality or performance ,, M Factory shocks are superb ,,,
I have never heard of those shocks Jerry. Thanks for the info.