UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Plymouth

Old 28-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Paul_

Bike: M696
Hello from Plymouth

Hello everyone,

Have been fortunate to find this site and sign up. Having my first ever bike delivered next Thursday, the same day as I take part 2 of my direct access so looking forward to passing that and getting out on it I love twins but never thought I could afford a ducati until now, servicing costs are way better than they used to be. Have already read loads of stuff on here that covers the questions I had with the bike and have bought a fenda extenda to keep that front cylinder from being sandblasted - top tip from this site!

Anyone in and around the Plymouth/Devon area?
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
At such an hour, let me be the first to say welcome.
Good luck on thursday.
You could consider fitting a bellypan for the same reason as the fendadendastenda.
Sooner rather than later, even.
Go on, treat yourself if you pass.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Char
We're all mad here

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Good morning and welcome, bet your well excited, I can still remember my Honda MB50 being delivered on my 16th birthday

I seem to remember venturing into Dorset once....
Old 28-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the brand and a great forum / club as well Paul. Best of luck for next week.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Gordon H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Good morning and welcome, bet your well excited, I can still remember my Honda MB50 being delivered on my 16th birthday

I seem to remember venturing into Dorset once....
How do you remember that far back - I have trouble remembering what I did last week!!

Dorset is still pretty much the same though.........

Welcome to the club Paul.......... enjoy!!
Old 29-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
SBAbruzzo

Welcome. I am pleased someone else bought a bike before passing their test. Mine arrived from the UK, I think, last October. There is still too much snow and ice here for me to finish my course and take the test so it will probably be another few months before I get to ride it. Looks good in the garage though!

I am sure you will enjoy as much as I do buying all the extra kit. I recommend the Evotech tail chop (see thread for full review). I bought some extra bits and they gave me a discount and posted free to Poland.
Old 29-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Paul_

Bike: M696
Buying a bike before you can test ride it yourself is somewhat brave but I really fell in love with the Monster when i saw it in the flesh, pic's don't really do it justice. I was lucky to have an experienced friend who test rode it and said that mechanically it was sound so know I'm getting a good bike.

I've already got R&G's put on her, as well as a scottoiler (something to devide opinion I know) and the fenda extenda arrived today. Now just to give her a once over with some ACF-50 before the first ride this coming week (hopefully!)

On the wish list are R&G crash bobbins for the forks and swingarm, evotech tail tidy (with a slightly smaller plate - the original one rubs the inside of the exhausts) and I've planted the seed with the girlfriend that a pair of Termi Carbons + ECU + Airfilter would be a fantastic idea!

By the way I read a fantastic guide on this site for the application of ACF-50 found here

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ghlight=acf-50

Wish you the very best of luck with your test.
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote