UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Joy and bliss, get the spanners out

Old 07-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Joy and bliss, get the spanners out

So in the past weekish

I've replaced the chin and sprockets which was easy peasy We now have Afam sprockets and an ognibene chain. LOL I'd not heard of them either but they seem to have a good pedigree, plus it is a very pretty gold colour.

I've replaced the front disk rotors (x2 320 diameter wavey things), generally cleaned the calipers and replaced pads. Again simple as you like although the sintered pads feel a bit hard, still not really bedded in so we'll see how they go.

Replaced ONE of the cush rubbers. I know, an epicly sad sad effort but I need some tougher bolts as the thread stripped after my initial success. That was a bit of a pain.

Replaced the coffin clutch assembly with a remote reservoir type off of a 900, the old one was loosing pressure after a few seconds so it had to go. A bit tricky as I also have a slave off of a motor using the long push rod and I have the short one. Still nothing that a bit of stainless rod didn't accommodate. Now I just need to tweak the lever adjustment and we're good to go.

Next will be to strip and rebuild the rear caliper, just waiting for my parts to fetch up.

Other than that a quiet week LOL