UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance concerns/woes.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
Bodybag

I'm 35 years old, got a Monster S4 and the 748s and my insurance with CN is £468 this year with only 1 years NCB. That also includes full European breakdown cover which I used to full effect last year!!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #17
stuartg

I'm 43, yes hard to believe I know.
Insured with Equity Red Star, fully comp with a heavily modified 600 Monster and a standard 900ssie £290 per year.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #18
Gilps

I've found Bennets and Carol Nash to be expensive. Ebikeinsurance.co.uk are easy to deal with, let you do mods to the bike, make mid term adjustments, and are very cheap. It's all done online too so you don't have to deal with muppets on £2.50 an hour who don't care whether you go with them or not. I added a Monster 620 onto my policy yesterday for an additional £15 fully comp. The policy for the year was £173 for my S2r and my BMW 650.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #19
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
I've found Bennets and Carol Nash to be expensive. Ebikeinsurance.co.uk are easy to deal with, let you do mods to the bike, make mid term adjustments, and are very cheap. It's all done online too so you don't have to deal with muppets on £2.50 an hour who don't care whether you go with them or not. I added a Monster 620 onto my policy yesterday for an additional £15 fully comp. The policy for the year was £173 for my S2r and my BMW 650.
Yes - but that's cos they are yellow - they don't go as fast, so are cheaper to insure - or did you do the decent thing and get a 620 in the proper colour?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #20
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack View Post
Yes - but that's cos they are yellow - they don't go as fast, so are cheaper to insure - or did you do the decent thing and get a 620 in the proper colour?
The 620 might be red, but that's only because it's the only colour they had left. It's odd that all the yellow ones sold first. It's going to be black soon though.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #21
COR

My last policy with with Bennetts. First they said they couldn't add my husband as a named rider due to his profession as a telecommunications engineer! strange as it's never affected any insurance before - not even when he did the same job in the RAF! Finally i managed to convince them it's not a high risk job. When the documentation arrived in the post it was full of mistakes. it went back to them three times before i gave up! I'm with Ducati insurance now who actually quoted the cheapest.