UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Girl on a white 696

Old 07-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Girl on a white 696

In the movie Haywire. Gina Carano beating the crap out of everyone she meets then riding a Monster. Excellent
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Is that like the film "Barb Wire" ? ..... I remember well the swing and hosepipe "extra" scene - can't remember anything else though
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
More like Salt (Angelina Jolie) butr with less fights and the clincher it has a monster
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
More like Salt (Angelina Jolie) butr with less fights and the clincher it has a monster
Ooh no, it was much better than SALT. Soderbergh's style added interest to a fairly standard action/thriller. Noyce simply made a straight movie and good though he has been, fell down a little with SALT. That and the fact that Jolie can't really cut it as someone who can actually kick ass due to her size whereas Carano actually can kick ass and lent, I felt, a lot of realism to the fight scenes.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
craigie
Only bronze?

Bike: M900
But Angelina can act whereas.....
craigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

ah true, but that begs the question, why doesn't she act in action films? Fantastic in 'Changeling' and 'The Tourist' very flat in SALT and 'Wanted'!

And I don't think Gina did a bad job really. Certainly if you consider that the usual competition for that type of role, Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Mila Jovovich, is not exactly Laurence Olivier standard then she acquitted herself well, more than well in fact in my view.

But then I could be allowing the fact I think she is drop dead gorgeous (quite literally if I got in the ring with her) to colour my view
Old 08-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Tomb raider was pretty action packed. I thought she was good in that. Isn't there a Monster Dark in one of the Crow films? Not the first one but one of the poorer follow ups?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
Dirty
Bockloks

Been a long time since I watched that. Seem to remember thinking it was a pretty awful movie in general but can't remember her performance as such, was probably good as she shot to superstar status on it's back. Of course that could have been the lycra

Didn't watch the Crow follow ups, I think they went 'straight to vid'. There was an 1100 in 'fast n furious 6' and Senna was riding one around the Monaco circuit in 'Senna', presumably it was a Monster Senna?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #9
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I've been meaning to get the Senna film. Why is it that in most cases where there is a Ducati in a movie all we get to hear that the engine noise has been dubbed with the usual 4 cylinder type?

I seem to recall that was the case with the Crow movie and in the Matrix too I think.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #10
Nickj

Review to check on the noise here should be a 996 that was used in the matrix highway chase scene
Old 08-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Dirty
Bockloks

Can't recommend the Senna movie enough. I thought I knew all there was to know about him but that film even taught the experts a few things. He must have been in a lot of people's lofts (room 101s) digging it out!

I'd never noticed about the sound in the matrix. I'll stick it on and have a look later. 1 thing comes to mind and that is that sound guys are known for being quite picky and perhaps what we think of as the beautiful tones of a desmo twin they think of as a bit rough and dirty? Directors have often fought with sound editors, trying to explain that, for example, the squeak of a piece of machinery in the background adds character and should be left in.

In 'Airplane' the shots of the jet airliner were dubbed with the sound of a propellor plane, but that was deliberate and for comic effect. Talk about attention to detail, it was pointed out to me by an aircraft tech relative many years after release!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #12
Nickj

While we're on the topics of girls on bikes .... Mila in Ultraviolet, fair enough to forgive her the BMW I think
Old 08-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #13
Dirty
Bockloks

Having forgiven her for a complete lack of acting ability the BMW is easy I think she also rode a BMW in Resident Evil 3
Old 08-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #14
Nickj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Having forgiven her for a complete lack of acting ability the BMW is easy I think she also rode a BMW in Resident Evil 3
She is a very bad bad girl

The BM in RE3 levitated and smashed itself ... A Ducati would of course have thrown a capricious fit flipped it's sidestand up and gently lowered itself into the sand
Old 09-02-2014, 04:28 AM   #15
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Review to check on the noise here should be a 996 that was used in the matrix highway chase scene
No, It must be another one I'm thinking of cos that actually sounds like a 996!