UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » s2r or 695?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
S2R again, the prettiest monster....evah!

I bought one, on looks, when they were first intoduced. When something catches your attention like that you know it has that extra something that makes them stand out.

(If I'm to recommend one I'd probably suggest the 1000 purely for the better cycle gear but the 800 engine is really good and the aptc clutch is a boon and I just upgraded the parts rather than the whole bike.)
APTC clutch is the worst thing Ducati ever did to Ducati. You cannot set off fast without dragging the clutch or it will stall. That means you cannot set off as fast as on standard clutch. Engine braking feels well smooth and none existent. I can excuse the set off part as not all are aggressive like me but engine braking is needed for that grin factor when is squiggles, skippes and wiggles under heavy braking with just an engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatronic View Post
but they are fairly similar bikes so just down to looks really
s2r all the way for me , single side swinger and shotgun pipes are lovely but not to everyones taste

695 and s2r 800 have same brakes which are ok for the power of the bike but can be improved easily enough

both are perfect road bikes, well mannered enough for easy handling, but with enough boot to make you grin, and with open pipes the soundtrack is sublime

Funk 695 has same callipers as 900ie/s2r1000, s2r 800 has smaller callipers.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote