UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Ducati 1000 DS custom build

Old 09-01-2024, 04:17 PM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
This will be interesting.
My "other" bike is a modified Honda Dominator, so substantially the same base.
Mine is nowhere near as tidy as your's will no doubt be .. more of a day to day hack than a tidy custom.
I suppose the CG tank is a decent choice. They've been used many times before and are proven. Personally I went with an ally tank from a TT500 (XT500) yamaha as the bike is a lifetime keeper. Fairly easy to make them fit and they have clearance for the oil-in-frame filler cap too. Worth considering maybe ?
I also pondered fitting the rear end with one of the curvy teatrays from a monster but that is on the back burner for now. I reckon it would look good. Feel free to use the idea.
I kept the larger front wheel (21 inch in the case of the dommi) as I wanted to build something a little more personal than the usual "streetracker" style.
Finished weight is 145kg by the way.
I considered fitting a flatslide Keihin but so far I've stuck with the original carb but ditched the airbox. If you go a similar route I can supply ballpark jetting info should you need it.

While it ain't a monster nor even a ducati, I for one would be very interested in following the build.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2024, 04:17 PM   #2
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
This will be interesting.
My "other" bike is a modified Honda Dominator, so substantially the same base.
Mine is nowhere near as tidy as your's will no doubt be .. more of a day to day hack than a tidy custom.
I suppose the CG tank is a decent choice. They've been used many times before and are proven. Personally I went with an ally tank from a TT500 (XT500) yamaha as the bike is a lifetime keeper. Fairly easy to make them fit and they have clearance for the oil-in-frame filler cap too. Worth considering maybe ?
I also pondered fitting the rear end with one of the curvy teatrays from a monster but that is on the back burner for now. I reckon it would look good. Feel free to use the idea.
I kept the larger front wheel (21 inch in the case of the dommi) as I wanted to build something a little more personal than the usual "streetracker" style.
Finished weight is 145kg by the way.
I considered fitting a flatslide Keihin but so far I've stuck with the original carb but ditched the airbox. If you go a similar route I can supply ballpark jetting info should you need it.

While it ain't a monster nor even a ducati, I for one would be very interested in following the build.
Thanks, I have ordered a 41mm FCR already! would love to get some jet suggestions!

I will keep posting progress guys!
Old 10-01-2024, 05:31 PM   #3
Mark64
Bronze Member

Bike: S4r
I'm really looking forward to this, who doesn't love a build thread, bring it on.
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2024, 01:13 PM   #4
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzer View Post
Thanks, I have ordered a 41mm FCR already! would love to get some jet suggestions!
Sorry ... crossed purposes there ... the jetting info I have is for the std carb but fitted with a pod filter and free-flow exhaust.
I'm still dithering on fitting the Keihin flatslide.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2024, 03:29 PM   #5
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzer View Post

I will keep posting progress guys!
Don't know about the jetting on this setup though I did mess with mine on the Monster but you could do worse than take a look at; http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...Burns,pat.html

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote