UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » new Ducati road side assistance... or not.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Lucati

new Ducati road side assistance... or not.

Anyone else tried getting hold of Ducati road side?

I'd read a few months back that the Ducati assistance that you get when you buy a new bike was a bit hit and miss so before I did a ride down to Dorset recently I thought I'd try and contact them to make sure they had my details.
Well I'm still no clearer, using the number on my card I was put through to Chrysler assistance, they told me they no longer cover Ducati, they put me across to RAC who now cover Ducati, they had no record but gave me another number - The AA! They had no record.... I rang the dealer who gave me the original number!

So I called Direct line and for £30 had my bike added to my Car road side assistance (That's for full home start, bike recovery, hotel accom if to far etc).

I'm just glad I was'nt actually broken down!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
Anyone else tried getting hold of Ducati road side?

I'd read a few months back that the Ducati assistance that you get when you buy a new bike was a bit hit and miss so before I did a ride down to Dorset recently I thought I'd try and contact them to make sure they had my details.
Well I'm still no clearer, using the number on my card I was put through to Chrysler assistance, they told me they no longer cover Ducati, they put me across to RAC who now cover Ducati, they had no record but gave me another number - The AA! They had no record.... I rang the dealer who gave me the original number!

So I called Direct line and for £30 had my bike added to my Car road side assistance (That's for full home start, bike recovery, hotel accom if to far etc).

I'm just glad I was'nt actually broken down!
I've had to use them a couple of times - the number on the card I was given is 00800 33228877. Should go directly through to the AA. No problems with them so far (touch wood....!)
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
walpole68

you must use the 00 part of the number,then it works,you will speak to some one in france who will ask which french motor way are you on.When they came out to me they turned up with a low loader expecting a motorhome not a motor bike,but yes it does work.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
Lucati

Cheers, I guess I can now call that number and Direct line and see which one gets there first.