UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Norfolk » September breakfast and outing

Old 15-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
What a pleasant morning was had chatting and dining at the riverside in the Sunshine.

Grumpy had a bit of bother getting there from Peterborough, but persevered and arrived in time for lunch to meet a very chilled out Dacs and myself.

The Radar Museum was excellent as always and the talks in the WW11 and Cold War rooms were spellbinding.

Sadly I had an engagement in the afternoon and had to leave before I had my fill of the all the sights, but no matter... The ticket lasts for 12 months. So we will return next year for another look.

Next month.. The Gin Trap, Ringstead.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 15-09-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #17
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Good weather for a 180 miles round trip, although, as Gazza mentioned, the start was testing!
Wheeled the 12r out of the garage.....wouldn't start, as in nothing. No turning over.
The bike went through the initial checks, but pushing the starter button had no effect! As if the button was not connected. Second time in a month this has happened, thought I had cured the issue.
So fitted the new battery to the 1200GS, and made my way to the meet point. What a lovely spot. By the river, on the Norfolk Broads. Great coffee. Spoilt by average service!
Then on to the museum. Fascinating.
Gary and I took in the talk on the development and use of radar during ww2, then a second about the cold war and how the based was involved. Well with visiting.
Looking forward to next weekend and the Ness.